Register

Now is the time to sell your "bunny berries"!

From vermiculture and selling rabbit manure to rent-a-bunny for Easter photographs, this forum is a place to discuss other ideas for making a profit from rabbits.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 48,829.00

Re: Now is the time to sell your "bunny berries"!

Post Number:#46  Unread postby skysthelimit » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:29 am

WhWRabbitry wrote:Wow! That is a lot of rabbits Mamasheepdog!! I can't imagine taking care of that many. That surely seems like it must be a full time job.
Makes me curious of all the folks on rabbit talk how many people have on average, who has the most etc. Has their ever been a poll on that or anything.

MSD beat me to it.

The max I have had was 70 adults, not counting kits.

Right now I have 38 adults, 9 weanlings and 3 kits born this morning.

I have way more berries than I can use. :oops:
German Shepherds*Rush Hour Rabbitry*Rex *Jersey Wooly*French Angora
http://www.foursquaremicrofarm.us

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 7,980.00

Post Number:#47  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:10 am

I have 13 does and 3 bucks now, in the past -the most I have had myself is 150 to 200 [or so] does, I worked for some rabbitries with as much as 450 does. - now-- they had a lot of poop...
Seed Garlic, http://www.Mountainvalleygarlic.com , https://www.facebook.com/Mountain-Valle ... 254347988/,
hard neck garlic varieties for fall planting.
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens, and too many ducks..
https://vimeo.com/176370337?ref

2 years of membership2 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 95.00

Post Number:#48  Unread postby Honey » Fri May 08, 2015 9:07 pm

You're a GENIUS! I don't think I would have thought to include a comparison to other fertilizers! NICE!!

Now...if I could just let go of my rabbit berries! ;)

Anyone else horde their rabbit poo? Family wanted some for their flowers....I was like WHAT??!! This is organic goodness that will help feed my veggies!

I know...I've issues.

Honey
Honey Rowland of HoneysLife.com
"Organic since it was a dirty hippie word."

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 87,553.00

Post Number:#49  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Fri May 08, 2015 9:21 pm

Honey wrote:You're a GENIUS!

Why, yes. Thank you for noticing. :ugeek:

Honey wrote:I don't think I would have thought to include a comparison to other fertilizers! NICE!!

Yeah, well... that's where the marketing genius comes into play. ;)

Honey wrote:Now...if I could just let go of my rabbit berries! ;)

Anyone else horde their rabbit poo? Family wanted some for their flowers....I was like WHAT??!! This is organic goodness that will help feed my veggies!

I know...I've issues.

To be honest, Hubs was pretty appalled that I started selling bunny-berries, because we could use it all here. But it is a way to help (or cover!) the rabbit feed bill- so you do what you gotta do to support your rabbit addiction. :mrgreen:
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

BunnyBucks: 5,920.00

Post Number:#50  Unread postby funnies50 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:27 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
MamaSheepdog wrote:So... repeat after me:

:twilightzone: "I will not argue with MamaSheepdog. MSD knows all. When MamaSheepdog gives a directive, I will comply immediately. I will also tithe 10% of my bunny-berry profits to Victory Garden Rabbits." :twilightzone:

:wr_sway: :surrender2:

Omg, you guys are too funny. This is the most hilarious thread.

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Post Number:#51  Unread postby skysthelimit » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:48 pm

Honey wrote:You're a GENIUS! I don't think I would have thought to include a comparison to other fertilizers! NICE!!

I really think that was a selling point here.

Canada
BunnyBucks: 16,745.00

Post Number:#52  Unread postby 3mina » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:03 am

Dropping in extremely late in the game. I've been trading my bunny berries for goodies. So far I've gotten fresh eggs, a fresh from the oven saskatoon berry pie, homegrown honey, and the very best of all, the possibility of a place to rent where I can put down ROOTS! (both literal and figurative)

The friend I'm trading with has made an offer on another property and offered me first dibs on their current place.

I could have everything in one spot :fainting: I could have a garden :dig-hole: :feed-plant: I COULD HAVE MORE BUNNEHS! :rabbit-hop1: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop3:

My commute would be a little rough in the winter but for no neighbours within a quarter mile and no hassles about my animals I can deal.
Rex and American Sables

The following user would like to thank 3mina for this post
Ramjet, skysthelimit

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 5,390.00

Post Number:#53  Unread postby Ramjet » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:55 am

3mina wrote:Dropping in extremely late in the game. I've been trading my bunny berries for goodies. So far I've gotten fresh eggs, a fresh from the oven saskatoon berry pie, homegrown honey, and the very best of all, the possibility of a place to rent where I can put down ROOTS! (both literal and figurative)

The friend I'm trading with has made an offer on another property and offered me first dibs on their current place.

I could have everything in one spot :fainting: I could have a garden :dig-hole: :feed-plant: I COULD HAVE MORE BUNNEHS! :rabbit-hop1: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop2: :rabbit-hop3:

My commute would be a little rough in the winter but for no neighbours within a quarter mile and no hassles about my animals I can deal.

We should all be so lucky! Hope it all works out for you.
Hindsight is always 20/20 but looking back its still a bit fuzzy.

https://www.facebook.com/texrex.rabbits

TexRexRabbitry@Hotmail.com

Canada
BunnyBucks: 16,745.00

Post Number:#54  Unread postby 3mina » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Ramjet wrote:We should all be so lucky! Hope it all works out for you.

Situations like this are why I seldom buy lottery tickets, my luck works best on this sort of stuff and that's the way I like it.

The friend I've been trading with is a very determined lady and almost always finds a way to get the things she really wants so I'm fairly confident about this. She's also one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure meeting.
Rex and American Sables

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 890.00

Post Number:#55  Unread postby Stephanie » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:44 am

I'm curious... what is the feed to berry ratio? How many bags of feed are fed to produce 1 bag of berries?

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 2,292.00

Post Number:#56  Unread postby Deer Heart » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:59 pm

Stephanie wrote:I'm curious... what is the feed to berry ratio? How many bags of feed are fed to produce 1 bag of berries?

Everything I've found on it suggests a 50 lb bag of feed produces a 50 lb bag of berries. Or at least close enough to it that most folks who sell, consider it in their feed costs (For eg. 50 lb bag of feed = $15 50 lb bag of manure = $6 sooooo 50 lb bag of feed really costs $9 as all materials are recycled :mrgreen:)

BunnyBucks: 3,504.00

Post Number:#57  Unread postby DBA » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:56 pm

I'm guessing its actually a bit less poo than 50#. If 50# of food produced 50# of poo, the rabbit wouldn't gain any weight or absorb any nutrients.
Last edited by DBA on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Number:#58  Unread postby skysthelimit » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:40 pm

Stephanie wrote:I'm curious... what is the feed to berry ratio? How many bags of feed are fed to produce 1 bag of berries?

i have no idea, lol, and no real way to tell, as I have many rabbits and never actually weigh the poop.

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 2,366.00

Post Number:#59  Unread postby Tiny Buns » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:41 pm

So back to the content question......we have our buns in cages with pans, not wire bottom. We're using a combination of shavings and compressed pellets. So unless we very infrequently cleaned cages, there's a pretty large percentage of shavings/pellets/hay bits to berry ratio. Not sure if that's a saleable quality or not?

BunnyBucks: 5,390.00

Post Number:#60  Unread postby Ramjet » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:33 am

Tiny Buns wrote:So back to the content question......we have our buns in cages with pans, not wire bottom. We're using a combination of shavings and compressed pellets. So unless we very infrequently cleaned cages, there's a pretty large percentage of shavings/pellets/hay bits to berry ratio. Not sure if that's a saleable quality or not?

Most people don't want bunny berries with other things in it .... rabbit droppings don't have to be composted before putting them on plants , all that other stuff will take time to decompose ....

Since you have pans , it shouldn't be all that difficult to devise a way to sift those "contaminants" out.
Hindsight is always 20/20 but looking back its still a bit fuzzy.

https://www.facebook.com/texrex.rabbits

TexRexRabbitry@Hotmail.com

PreviousNext