Register

Now is the time to sell your "bunny berries"!

From vermiculture and selling rabbit manure to rent-a-bunny for Easter photographs, this forum is a place to discuss other ideas for making a profit from rabbits.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 87,493.00

Re: Now is the time to sell your "bunny berries"!

Post Number:#31  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:56 am

WhWRabbitry wrote:Well here is one I had fun making to put on a plastic 1 gallon icecream container (with lid) for a friend who gardens. The icecream container said "Purple Cow". My oldest daughter said the container should say "Brown Bunny" when she saw it full of brown bunny poop. I thought that was funny so I decided to have some fun and make a label. I knew it would amuse my friend too - especially the warning. :D

Clever girl! Imagine the danger if you packaged it in a Coco-Puffs cereal box! :lol:

Nice work on the label! :)

Schipperkesue wrote:Mama, may I share your success and information in another forum?

Certainly, feel free! We rabbitosis sufferers have to band together and share profit making ideas so we can all afford MORE BUNNEHS!!!
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 260.00

Post Number:#32  Unread postby ZRab » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:16 pm

I delivered a full size pick-up load for $75. Last year I did for $60, and then ended up taking it an hour away. So this year I put it up and still ended up taking it an hour. I like the big one and done instead of a bag here and there.

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 48,702.00

Post Number:#33  Unread postby skysthelimit » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:02 pm

I just got two more people asking for 6-7 bags.

Now I think I might be out, that would be everything from October to now. Boy that was quick.
German Shepherds*Rush Hour Rabbitry*Rex *Jersey Wooly*French Angora
http://www.foursquaremicrofarm.us

Post Number:#34  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:50 pm

ZRab wrote:I delivered a full size pick-up load for $75.

I'd ask for $150 at least. Plus delivery.

skysthelimit wrote:I just got two more people asking for 6-7 bags.

Now I think I might be out, that would be everything from October to now. Boy that was quick.

Congrats, Sky! I think the key is timing it right- gardens are just now going in or are far enough along now that people need additional fertilizer.

I'm glad you tried advertising it again! Hopefully they will be repeat customers next year, or even this fall. :)
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 32,806.00

Post Number:#35  Unread postby ladysown » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:25 pm

I had a guy come by this morning. Took a bunch of rabbit waste (hay/poop/etc). I find I have to give it away, so figured it would be the same. He turned and gave me $20. I was shocked (happy, but shocked). Normally people only want to buy my bagged rabbit poop. but the compost quality stuff... selling it! woot woot! :)
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 6,062.00

Post Number:#36  Unread postby Sagebrush » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:27 pm

My bunny berries are far to precious at this point in time for me to consider selling any. I am planning on building 3-4 raised beds like these (pictured below) that will be filled with bunny berry compost when completed. Raised this high I should be able to keep my pesky pup from digging them all up. 5'X7'X34"
Work Complete.jpg
Work Complete.jpg (212.34 KiB) Viewed 221 times

2 years of membership2 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 12,899.00

Post Number:#37  Unread postby Susie570 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:38 pm

WhWRabbitry wrote:ha. Well here is one I had fun making to put on a plastic 1 gallon icecream container (with lid) for a friend who gardens. The icecream container said "Purple Cow". My oldest daughter said the container should say "Brown Bunny" when she saw it full of brown bunny poop. I thought that was funny so I decided to have some fun and make a label. I knew it would amuse my friend too - especially the warning. :D

:lol:

That's awesome!!! :D
Mini Lops!!
If you love Lop Rabbits, come visit the Lop Rabbit forum at http://LopRabbitsUSA.com! See ya there!

BunnyBucks: 5,176.00

Post Number:#38  Unread postby wamplercathy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:59 pm

How many rabbits do you have MSD?

I only have 3 at this time and every bit goes into our overly large garden. :oops: We had a friend of the family till the garden and he made it 15'Wx30'L. :lol: :lol:

:? That reminds me I need to place some around my fruit trees too.

I think I need more rabbits. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Number:#39  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:31 pm

ladysown wrote:I had a guy come by this morning. Took a bunch of rabbit waste (hay/poop/etc). I find I have to give it away, so figured it would be the same. He turned and gave me $20.

Yay!!!

Sagebrush wrote:I am planning on building 3-4 raised beds like these (pictured below) that will be filled with bunny berry compost when completed.

Yikes! Those will take tons of compost and bunny berries to fill! Most vegis don't have that deep of a root system- seems like a lot of extra soil. I am too busy to find it right now, but I have a chart that shows the root depth of various plants- I'll post it for you at some point so you can get the most use out of your beds.

wamplercathy wrote:How many rabbits do you have MSD?

70 adults/older juniors, 32 weaned juniors, and 3 kits in the nest. I'm actually kind of low right now... I hate to admit it, but I actually have some empty cages. :oops:

wamplercathy wrote:I only have 3 at this time and every bit goes into our overly large garden. :oops:

I could actually use some of my current supply in my raised beds- but right now selling it for a bit of ready cash trumps using it myself. :(

wamplercathy wrote:I think I need more rabbits. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, yeah. That goes without saying. ;)
Victory Garden Rabbits

Post Number:#40  Unread postby Sagebrush » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:39 pm

Not all of those beds is going to be the compost. My brother is going to be digging out a basement and I will have quite a bit of dirt to use under the compost. The reason for those to be so high is that my brother and his mother in law Olivia love to garden but they cannot get down on the ground to pull weeds and such. So I figured I will bring the soil up to them. :D

BunnyBucks: 4,311.00

Post Number:#41  Unread postby WhWRabbitry » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:46 pm

Wow! That is a lot of rabbits Mamasheepdog!! I can't imagine taking care of that many. That surely seems like it must be a full time job.
Makes me curious of all the folks on rabbit talk how many people have on average, who has the most etc. Has their ever been a poll on that or anything.

BunnyBucks: 5,176.00

Post Number:#42  Unread postby wamplercathy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:51 pm

MamaSheepdog wrote:
70 adults/older juniors, 32 weaned juniors, and 3 kits in the nest. I'm actually kind of low right now... I hate to admit it, but I actually have some empty cages. :oops:

Well, yeah. That goes without saying. ;)

Shame shame. :nono: :lol: :lol:
I think my hubby is going to lose his mower shed. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WhWRabbitry wrote:Wow! That is a lot of rabbits Mamasheepdog!! I can't imagine taking care of that many. That surely seems like it must be a full time job.
Makes me curious of all the folks on rabbit talk how many people have on average, who has the most etc. Has their ever been a poll on that or anything.

:shock: That's something I've been thinking about. :? We should take a poll. Maybe hand out a prizes too. :lol: :lol:

BunnyBucks: 12,899.00

Post Number:#43  Unread postby Susie570 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:59 pm

wamplercathy wrote: That's something I've been thinking about. We should take a poll. Maybe hand out a prizes too.

I forget who it was... Grumpy? Or maybe Dood? One of the guys said he has way more than that. I can't even imagine.
Mini Lops!!
If you love Lop Rabbits, come visit the Lop Rabbit forum at http://LopRabbitsUSA.com! See ya there!

Post Number:#44  Unread postby Sagebrush » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:20 pm

I am pretty sure it was Grumpy, though he had a drop in number a while back. I am unsure as to how many he has now though.

Post Number:#45  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:52 pm

wamplercathy wrote: WhWRabbitry wrote:
Wow! That is a lot of rabbits Mamasheepdog!! I can't imagine taking care of that many. That surely seems like it must be a full time job.

Nah, not really. You just have to have a time saving system in place.

wamplercathy wrote: WhWRabbitry wrote:

:shock: That's something I've been thinking about. :? We should take a poll. Maybe hand out a prizes too. :lol: :lol:

We (of course!) have a thread about that... sooooo-who-here-has-the-most-rabbits-lol-t5607.html?hilit=head%20count

Looks like we need to revive it. :mrgreen:
Victory Garden Rabbits

PreviousNext