Not what I had planned for 5 AM... lol

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyctra

Reaction score
Really, Wolf?
Really?

Gah. This little turd's cage popped open. I'd never had a rabbit escape that cage, but sure enough, he did it within minutes.
Last night when I went out to do the late-night (5AM) round of the bunnies with feed and water, Wolf got excited and started harassing Autumn in a bucky way. (Also discovered shortly after that he's got his boy bits now! I swear he didn't have those a few days ago. LOL) So I put him into his own cage and kinda kicked myself for not finishing cleaning the bowls and feeders and moving him earlier, but it's been so cold and they're so little, I've also been worried they'd get too chilly alone.

So anyway, I got him set up and went back inside, ready to crash for about 12 straight hours...

Then I heard the buns making a ruckus, running around their cages all excited. So I went back outside, kinda knowing what I was about to find and yup - Wolf's cage was open. He dashed into the light, gave me the sweetest look, and ran back into the dark for some more fun in the mud. He was only running around for two or three minutes. I think he also rolled in the dirt because he had fine grime all over his back too.

I spent about an hour brushing all the muck out of his fluff.

IMG_0839.jpg
IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

I got him pretty clean, though.
I swear, he must've thought if he flopped over and played dead, that maybe I would quit brushing him. He made himself comfy. I stroked down his fur to see how flat I could make him - pretty flat! Chocolate pancake. :lol: :pancake:
IMG_0880.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0910.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 1,673
Next time he decides to get dirty like this, I sure hope he does it the day before grooming day...not the day after again! :razz2:

Wow, Wolf really made a mess of himself! :shock:

You did a great job getting him all cleaned up again, and since he did the "bunny flop", it was obviously also a pretty stress free experience for him. :)

After his brief adventure last night, he seems to have the impression that anytime he jumps out of the door means he'll get out for exercise. I spent at least ten minutes straight laughing as I caught him repeatedly. I don't think he's yet made the connection that diving into my arms isn't an effective way to reach the ground. :lol: Sometimes he'd take a break from jumping and just relaxed in my arms, chilling for a moment while I pet his face. Then he'd jump back in and do it all over again.
When I went back out to give them their evening treats, he flew out of that cage so fast I almost didn't catch him! XD

Silly bunbun. Sounds like Wolf is quite the character! I'm glad his adventure was only inconvenient and he didn't hurt himself with his antics.

Back