Not 100% Sure

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C T bunnies

Reaction score
I know that you can give rabbits apple branches and twigs that are from a living tree. But can you give them branches from a dead tree the landlord cut back on water on the plants and he killed the tree. I was able to save the other fruit trees around here but not the apple. I would like to take some of the branches and cut them into 2inch rounds for them to chew. Also can I give them peach, plum, pear, or citrus (livivng trees) :? Thanks Curtis

If the only thing wrong with the tree was lack of water I don't see why you couldn't. The wood should be perfectly safe for the rabbits to chew. I'm unsure about the safety of the other trees - just not something I know about :)

The apple wood should be okay. You can also give them pear wood/twigs. The wood of single stoned fruits--cherry, peach, nectarine, plum etc.) is not advisable. I don't know about citrus--I'm too far north to have any experience with it.

:yeahthat:

I have a smoker and therefor pile of booth dry apple and pear. I slice off pieces of both and give it to them mainly in the winter months. This time of year they get fresh and boy can they ever clean the bark off of it in a hurry.

MaggieJ":3i9zxb7h said:
The apple wood should be okay. You can also give them pear wood/twigs. The wood of single stoned fruits--cherry, peach, nectarine, plum etc.) is not advisable. I don't know about citrus--I'm too far north to have any experience with it.

For the curious , can you please explain why these are bad ?! :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back