nose to nose.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avdpas77

Reaction score
This is the second time I have noticed that one ove my growout rabbits has a piece of "detached nose" (If you check the picture of the black one in my present av, you will see the first) In both cases, it was a buck and it has happened when they are about 10 weeks old. I guess maybe they could be tearing it on the cage wire, but I think maybe it has something to do with the bucks in the growout cage establishing dominance. I have checked the cages they are in and can find nothing sharp. They seem to heal fast, just looks a bit weird. Any ideas?

__________ Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:34 pm __________

I guess not.

maybe a simple light "snap" with the teeth during a tussle? I remember getting a fast, sharp, quick slice of a finger when it got too close to a rabbit mouth who was, um..unhappy with me.

do you use J-feeders? I found a sharpish corner on one inside the "crock" part.

Yes, I use J feeders when the does have kits, and in my grow out cages. The small kits like to sit in the crocks which causes problems, as you know, and the larger kits usually take a spell when they like to dig feed for a day or two. I have checked the feeders also, I think it must be fighting for position in the group, but since I have never seen anything but a few tufts of fur to prove this, I wondered if anyone else had such an experience.

Latest posts

Back