Anyone's litters picture thread!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two litters born today! :rabbit-hop2: A first for us and these 2 does! So very exciting day at our place!
Especially since we had thought the Mini Lop had a false pregnancy (she prepared a nesting area at day 10 and showed no behavior/mood changes or eating changes). She surprised us!

Our Mini Lop pair had 5 kits - 4 survived.
Our Holland Lop bred to a Lionhead had 4 kits - 2 survived.
So 6 new bunnies alive and well! Sad for the ones that were not alive (I tried to warm them and make sure) but from what I've read of these breeds for first litters this isn't too bad.
I had no idea how adorably cute little newborn bunnies were! precious!

No super pictures yet as it's cool here and I didn't want to expose them to much chill.
This is Violet the proud Momma above her nest box with her 4 healthy kits snuggled down in fur.
210.JPG

Here is a bit closer up though I don't think you can really see much but fur!
212.JPG

Here is Rosie's 2 Lion-Lop Kits
214.JPG
<br /><br /> __________ Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:54 pm __________ <br /><br />
jimmywalt":2yzen1yl said:
They are SO adorable!!

Aww!

:congratulations:

The moms both did a good job pulling fur!

You might want to foster one of the mini lops kits to the Lionhead's litter, at least until they start to fur out. Sometimes only two kits can't keep each other warm enough.

OH MY LORD!!!!! I think I'm in love with those velveteen lops!!! They seem like just about the perfect bunny. I really hope they don't go in the direction of ears that make them hard to take care of, and they stay an easy indoor pet size.

JenerationX":1r7uqw9m said:
OH MY LORD!!!!! I think I'm in love with those velveteen lops!!! They seem like just about the perfect bunny. I really hope they don't go in the direction of ears that make them hard to take care of, and they stay an easy indoor pet size.

There were some breeders who worked very hard to instill the English lop temperament into the velveteen lop bloodlines. Their work really shines through. With that personality and small size it's an easy breed to fall in love with.

Looks like most of Feather's lilac based kits are self or steel. I think all 4 blues are opals. Of course, the only one that looks lynx is the runt. :roll: Oh well, lilac gts are pretty. I like them more than I like the blue gts.

The runt was thin and unfed. For reasons unknown, Mucky hadn't fully dried up despite her kits being 9 weeks most are separated from her. She still had a full teat that felt like it would benefit from a little relief. Not mastitis or I'd never have risked it. The teat wasn't warm or swollen, just full.
So...I put two and two together. The runt got a full belly, and Mucky seemed to appreciate it. At least, she licked my arm the whole time I was holding her. I understand Mucky...full teats can be really uncomfortable!

Sometimes one or two early feeding is all it takes to keep those runts going, so, well see if it makes it.
First pic shows it on the bottom left unfed. The second pic has them all with full bellies.
GEDC1623.JPG
GEDC1638.JPG

MamaSheepdog":3o7qnc24 said:
Aww!

:congratulations:

The moms both did a good job pulling fur!

You might want to foster one of the mini lops kits to the Lionhead's litter, at least until they start to fur out. Sometimes only two kits can't keep each other warm enough.

Thank you! I thought they did a good job pulling fur but since I'm new at this it's good to hear from someone else to confirm it!
The Lion-Lops are in indoor shop area. It's not heated but even when colder outside has been staying above freezing. The fostering is a good idea... just not sure I want to put more kits with that Momma. She's a overly protective, aggressive Momma! :x The Mini Lop on the other hand that has the 4 is sweet as can be and so laid back. She's definitely is a keeper. <br /><br /> __________ Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:35 pm __________ <br /><br />
Marinea":3o7qnc24 said:
Congrats WhW! The first time for kits is so exciting!
Thank you Marinea! For sure. I came running in the house jumping up and down, dancing around so excited! Planning to warm a towel tomorrow and get them out on it and get some good pictures and a closer look. I doubt I'll be able to tell but I'll try as far as seeing their gender.

Thanks for the congrats!

Even though one of my New Zealand does bombed her first litter, her sister Acer is doing a fantastic job!

003_zpsec72f96b.jpg

It's really windy, so I didn't want to uncover them more than this. Just look at those plump bellies!

7 popples in all, which all appear to be fawn (?).

Her nest now includes a black fostered kit from the other doe's litter, the sole survivor of 10 kits.

Both litters were sired by a Creme d'Argent buck.

002_zpsa650152c.jpg

I'm proud of my little Acer! :D

Opals have ring color if you blow into the fur. They are the dilute of chestnut, which is also called castor in Rex, copper in Satins.

Sometimes it takes a while for ring development to come up over the back, at least in my Rex, so blow into the fur on the side of the rabbit to check for the rings.

Thanks! I've never seen either one in the flesh, and it's hard to tell the difference between a couple colors in pics.

Finally got some good pictures of our first litters (born 2 days ago)
2 Lion-Lop Kits (Mom Black Holland, Dad C. Agouti Lionhead):
Rose%2BBen%2Bkit%2BNov%2B2014.JPG

Violet%2Band%2BRosies%2Bfirst%2Blitters%2BNov%2B2014%2B009.JPG

4 Mini Lop Kits (Mom Japanese Harlequin, Dad White/Black Charlie):
Violets%2Bfirst%2Blitter%2BNov%2B2014.JPG

Violet%2Band%2BRosies%2Bfirst%2Blitters%2BNov%2B2014%2B010.JPG

Mom fed them after the photos. :D

JenerationX":3s6bg5m7 said:
Harlequin looks really cool.
Thanks! I have to say that one is a bit of the favorite around here. There was one other Harlequin in the litter that did not make it.

For those that know color (I don't - learning), would these others that are white with black and an orange-ish tint be called tri color? Pardon my ignorance but learning so much from everyone on here!! <br /><br /> __________ Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:18 pm __________ <br /><br /> Could the one at the top of the photo be a Magpie Harlequin?

The one at the top looks to be a magpie to me. The others with the spots look like tri to me as well. All are just so cute, congratulations on such adorable kits!

Sagebrush":225tbmjg said:
The one at the top looks to be a magpie to me. The others with the spots look like tri to me as well. All are just so cute, congratulations on such adorable kits!

__________ Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:26 am __________

Thanks so much Sagebrush! Encouraging to me that I am learning a bit and guessed right. :)

JenerationX":3lr5r6xy said:
What's the difference between a blue opal and a blue otter? Some of them are looking the same to me.

They can look very similar. :)
In my kits it will be easy to see in a few days, as their longer fur will really show the tan ticking.
The white and cream color on the tops of the back feet are another give away for opal instead of tan.

I know these kits of mine are opals, because the (at) gene that causes otter isn't present in any of the lines I'm using.

Phacella, seeing nice plump kits always makes me so happy. :love:
I went out today, and Feather's 9 were plump, including the runt. Sigh of relief there.

WhWrabbity, your kits are adorable! I hope you post another in a few does so we can get a really good look at that magpie. :D

Zass":272r2pfh said:
JenerationX":272r2pfh said:
What's the difference between a blue opal and a blue otter? Some of them are looking the same to me.

They can look very similar. :)
In my kits it will be easy to see in a few days, as their longer fur will really show the tan ticking.
The white and cream color on the tops of the back feet are another give away for opal instead of tan.

I know these kits of mine are opals, because the at gene that causes otter isn't present in any of the lines I'm using.

Phacella, seeing nice plump kits always makes me so happy. :love:
I went out today, and Feather's 9 were plump, including the runt. Sigh of relief there.

WhWrabbity, your kits are adorable! I hope you post another in a few does so we can get a really good look at that magpie. :D

Thank you Zass! I will definitely post some more pictures in the next week and try to get a good one of the Magpie for you. :)

4 ND otters

I actually want to remove the tan gene from my herd but snickers will only breed with my otter point. She won't lift for either of my chinchilla based bucks.

Latest posts

Back