Register

Newbie from Waterloo Ontario

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 15.00

Newbie from Waterloo Ontario

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Martin Grove Farm » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:18 am

Hi and thanks for allowing me to join the forum. We no longer have rabbits but I do hope to learn a few things from this group. This site was recommend to me by a friend that is here. :group-hug2:
"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

Site Admin
11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,414.00

Re: Newbie from Waterloo Ontario

Post Number:#2  Unread postby MaggieJ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:01 am

Welcome to RabbitTalk, Martin Grove Farm! :hi:

But be warned! Our members are the most skilled enablers you'll ever come across. Don't be surprised if before long you find yourself thinking about getting rabbits again.

:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :pancake: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 87,563.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:28 am

Martin Grove Farm wrote:We no longer have rabbits
MaggieJ wrote:Don't be surprised if before long you find yourself thinking about getting rabbits again.

:o :o :o What's this?!? No rabbits??? :fainting:

Good heavens... well, thankfully, as MaggieJ pointed out, we will all work diligently on your behalf to fix that problem. What a sad and terrible predicament... rabbitless! :cry: I cannot imagine the horror- indeed, my mind shies away from the merest thought of it!!!

Hopefully you had enough foresight to keep at least some of your cages. If so, I encourage you to walk out and take a look at them.

Occupied cages always stay cleaner than empty ones... they are no doubt covered in dust and cobwebs, are they not? Remember the days when the wire was shiny and clean from the presence of your rabbits? Don't those cages, that have served you so well in the past, deserve to once again fulfill their destiny?

Now, thankfully, you do have a very kind friend who obviously recognized that you have a serious problem and are in need of expert help. They knew that your best hope for a full relapse recovery was to bring you into the loving fold of RabbitTalk.

I would not be one bit surprised if your kind friend would also willingly provide you with rabbits so that your healing may commence. :yes:

:welcomewagon: So! Welcome to RabbitTalk. I am looking forward to accompanying you on your path to wabbit wellness. :good-luck:
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

Site Admin
11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,414.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby MaggieJ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:55 am

:yeahthat: See what I mean?
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 56,231.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Miss M » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:01 am

:rotfl:

:nothingtoadd:

Welcome to RabbitTalk, Martin Grove Farm!
We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 87,563.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:45 am

Miss M! Funny? You have nothing funny to add? :shock:

I am shocked- SHOCKED, I say!!!- that you could find anything at all humorous in this situation! :evilcloud:

Where is your empathy? Where is your compassion?!?

I cannot believe that you show such callous disregard for the plight of our newest member! :evil:

This is the most terrible example of un-Moderator-like-conduct that I have witnessed! :wall:

Must I remind you that as part of the Moderating team, it is our responsibility- nay, our duty!- to model appropriate behavior for our other members? :wr_shake:

It pains me to do so, but for this breach of conduct, I fear you must suffer the consequences with a dose of your own medicine. To wit: :chair:

*Ahem!*

My apologies to you, Martin Grove Farm. Miss M must be having a mental breakdown of some sort. :insane: She is not usually prone to this type of behavior. :no:

Hopefully some of our other members will chime in and show you the true nature of RabbitTalk. Believe you me, this is not indicative of the usual tenor of our interactions here. :angel:
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 15.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby Martin Grove Farm » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and the smiles. I'm grinning from ear to ear right now. The cages are still here and just as you said, dusty and full of webs. Soon our lives should be able to slow down a bit. Right now we are busy with chickens, pigeons, bees and, annual pasture raising of a few pigs. Work seems to get in the way of things. I bet some of you know exactly what I'm saying. Soon hubby will have some extra time on his hand so........perhaps it may be time to get back on the saddle.
"I never learned from a man who agreed with me".~~Robert A. Heinlein.
“Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.” - John Wooden
May every word that we speak, and every word that we type, be words that lift up and never words that tear down

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 56,231.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby Miss M » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Our illustrious Moderator MamaSheepdog has obviously forgotten her stint in the chicken tractor. :twisted:

motive-unclear-t24557.html
We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 5,736.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby TF3 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:45 pm

Waterloo? Easy peasy.. I can hook you up ;)

Lori (South River, ON ~ formerly of Waterloo ;) )
Lori
Chief Rabbit Wrangler and Homeschooling Mom
(Fiber & Dye Artisan, too)
Flying Moon Farm
Standard Rex & Meat Mutts
Facebook & Instagram
South River, ON
est. 2015
"Learn something new every day" <--- 2015 Goal

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 18,991.00

Post Number:#10  Unread postby Bad Habit » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:52 pm

... There's the big annual DRCBA auction on Sunday in Schomberg... You might want to check that out ;)
Bad Habit Rabbits
Just like a Bad Habit, I can't make myself quit rabbits ;)
Visit My Website
Like Me on Facebook