Register

New to Rabbit Talk

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 5,920.00

Re: New to Rabbit Talk

Post Number:#16  Unread postby funnies50 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:21 am

:) Anytime. We're always here...somebody's guaranteed to be on at any given time, so whenever you need help there'll always be someone here. ;)

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 1,040.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby fhjmom » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:37 am

Hi Bug! My kids (14, 11, 7, & 5) show rabbits in 4-H. They aren't on RabbitTalk but I really hadn't realized how many kids were here before this thread. Maybe they will join when I tell them. Welcome, and feel free to ask lots of questions and share pics when you get your buns! We love pics!

Hey, Admins! How about adding a youth forum so the young 'uns could chat together? (Not that they aren't welcome on all the other boards, too; just thought it might be fun for them to have their "own" space here at RabbitTalk).
Tamara :)
Backstage Rabbitry
http://www.backstagerabbitry.com

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 2,300.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby HOWsMom » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:27 pm

fhjmom wrote:Hey, Admins! How about adding a youth forum so the young 'uns could chat together? (Not that they aren't welcome on all the other boards, too; just thought it might be fun for them to have their "own" space here at RabbitTalk).

The Rabbits for Children could be worked to be that I think :D
Just gear it more to the kids chatting together, rather than towards the parents getting rabbits for their kids.
Or both ;)
George (black Dutch), Chaos (Brk. Choc MR buck), Fionn (REW MR buck), Ballach (Brk. Black Mini Rex doe), Snowberry (REW MR buck) & Whiteout (REW MR doe)

Also home to 1 dog, some kids and a husband

Missing Mischief

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 56,231.00

Post Number:#19  Unread postby Miss M » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:02 pm

I'll post about this in the Mod forum and get back to y'all in here. :)

Best policy if you have a suggestion is to PM one of us, though, just in case we don't see your post. I think the forum has finally grown too big for even MSD to read every post... that, or she's too busy making Critterz Chewzit toys! :P
We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

The following user would like to thank Miss M for this post
HOWsMom

BunnyBucks: 1,414.00

Post Number:#20  Unread postby Bug4H » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:08 pm

that would be awesome! :cheer1:
George - black dutch buck, born May 14, 2015

BunnyBucks: 12,964.00

Post Number:#21  Unread postby Susie570 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:01 am

Bug4H wrote:Hi I am new to Rabbit Talk and I am 10 but almost 11.
I am looking for information rabbits, but I do not have one yet,
I am looking at Holland lops, Dutch the Rex and Polish bunnies.

Welcome! It's been a pleasure watching your family's posts. You will be well prepared when you get a rabbit! :D I think we're all looking forward to seeing your new family member when you choose one.

I should add that my 8 yr old has been asking how old he has to be to join RT... and I'm not too keen on letting him join because I'm afraid of what he will read here. Not stuff posted by other folks so much, but things I'VE posted. :p I'm really not sure what to do there.
Interested in running a forum for Lop rabbits? Ask me.

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 56,231.00

Post Number:#22  Unread postby Miss M » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:28 pm

Susie570 wrote:I should add that my 8 yr old has been asking how old he has to be to join RT...

We have no age limit, because we don't want kids who are given rabbits as pets to be excluded from getting help here. :) My parents gave me a baby bunny when I was a teen, and none of us knew anything about rabbits. Of course, the internet wasn't an option at the time.... :whistle:

Susie570 wrote:and I'm not too keen on letting him join because I'm afraid of what he will read here. Not stuff posted by other folks so much, but things I'VE posted. :p I'm really not sure what to do there.

That's a tough one... wish I had a helpful answer. :(
We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

The following user would like to thank Miss M for this post
Susie570

Site Supporter
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 10,212.00

Post Number:#23  Unread postby Homer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Susie570 wrote:...I'm not too keen on letting him join because I'm afraid of what he will read here. Not stuff posted by other folks so much, but things I'VE posted. :p I'm really not sure what to do there.

You do know you can go back and edit or delete those posts don't you? Or have the admin blow away your profile and start over. ;)
Previous owner of the elusive and much sought after "Get Away With It" card.

BunnyBucks: 12,964.00

Post Number:#24  Unread postby Susie570 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:06 pm

Homer wrote:
Susie570 wrote:...I'm not too keen on letting him join because I'm afraid of what he will read here. Not stuff posted by other folks so much, but things I'VE posted. :p I'm really not sure what to do there.

You do know you can go back and edit or delete those posts don't you? Or have the admin blow away your profile and start over. ;)

Sure but that seems a bit excessive. :/
It's a tough call because I like to encourage him to express himself 'in writing' (so to speak), but yeah. :p
Well, maybe if there ends up being a 'youth' area and I can restrict him to that area somehow...
Interested in running a forum for Lop rabbits? Ask me.

Post Number:#25  Unread postby Bug4H » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:10 pm

the kids section sounds awesome! :)

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 87,563.00

Post Number:#26  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:52 pm

Miss M wrote:I think the forum has finally grown too big for even MSD to read every post... that, or she's too busy making Critterz Chewzit toys! :P

I hate to admit it, but lately I have been too busy to read every post. :oops:

The Critterz Chewzit business has had a lot to do with it (busy, busy! :greedy: ) but I also had puppies for sale recently and that really eats up the time. And then of course, there is the garden at this time of year.

Susie570 wrote:I should add that my 8 yr old has been asking how old he has to be to join RT... and I'm not too keen on letting him join because I'm afraid of what he will read here. Not stuff posted by other folks so much, but things I'VE posted.

I don't think I would worry too much about that. I doubt he is going to look back through the older threads- the new ones will keep him busy enough. :)

I think being able to participate in a forum would be a great thing for him- and you can't find a much safer place than RT for that!

It will really hone his writing skills. Plus being able to interact with people of all age groups is such a good thing for kids- and I think is a big part of what makes homeschooled kids so special.

I think I mentioned MOCpages (Lego forum) to you before? That is also a great place for him to get involved with others of all ages and is, above all, SAFE! They have different "clubs" for age groups also. My kids are all now in the TFOL club- Teen Fans Of Lego.

Susie570 wrote:Well, maybe if there ends up being a 'youth' area

We all like this idea, and are working on coming up with a good name for it. I think it would be a fun place for the kids to get a little wacky (since us adults are so-o-o serious all of the time!) and maybe they can post stories they have written, share photos and artwork, all kinds of neat things! :P
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

The following user would like to thank MamaSheepdog for this post
Susie570

Post Number:#27  Unread postby funnies50 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi Bugs, it's Funnies ;)

MSD, I think a kids-only forum would be good! Dunno if MaggieJ or someone could work that out.....
I could take all my calm little discussions with Bunny-Wan about SOME THINGS (ahem) there

The following user would like to thank funnies50 for this post
Bug4H

Post Number:#28  Unread postby Bug4H » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:40 pm

hi funnies, its "bugs" :mrgreen:
i cant wait for the kids section to open up!

Post Number:#29  Unread postby funnies50 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:07 am

Yeah, me neither, Bugs!!! :) Great idea, actually. In fact, if nobody minds, I'm gonna go and open up a Kids-Only thread there right now. ;)
I have some things (hem) to talk about with (hem) someone

United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 1,772.00

Post Number:#30  Unread postby lereg15 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:20 am

:welcome: :welcome: From an old man, trying to learn just as much as you!! I think a kids section would be a great idea!
Greg

PreviousNext