New rescue Angora

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harelady

Reaction score
So I really not planning on getting another Angora. I had gotten down to three woolers which is a good number for me. Anyways I went to a show and was talking to a friend that raises Angoras. She told me she was picking up some rescue Angoras from a elderly lady that could no longer care for them. I curiously looked at them and noticed one had an eye issue. My friend was upset that one was sick and I knew she was thinking she was going to have to cull him. Being the soft hearted fool I am I asked to take him. He ended being in worst shape then I thought. After a trip to the vet office he is doing much better. However his eye issue maybe chronic and require more vet care. Though he is a high percentage German Angora hybrid. I have always wanted a German. So at least he should bea good wooler once healthy. Sometimes I wish I didn't have such a soft spot for Angoras in need. But he is a very sweet guy. I named him Lucky by the way. Pictures to follow. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:43 am __________ <br /><br /> Picture after I sheared him.
image.php

Aww poor boy :( Angora's are some of the rabbits that'll get bad fast from neglect, some extra care really is needed for em, but it's worth it since they are so much fun. Hope he gets better thanks to your care, good thing you gave him a chance.
Btw, He looks like my Nikita who's also shaved right now. Did you keep the tail floof or did you sheer it too? Nikita's tail floof is so comically adorable XD I love it

Update on Lucky. He is doing much better and has recovered from a mild case of wool block. His eye which had a blocked tear duct is healing as well. I did not know how lethargic he was when I got him till he perked up. I am pretty sure with out my quickness in getting him the help he needed he might have died from the wool block. As he was in full GI stasis. He is so sweet and will live a good life with me.

Good deal Harelady! Glad to hear Lucky's luck .is holding. I mean, 1. you found him and 2. he's better. ;)

iu

I just want to see a picture after the bad haircut grows out. :p

:cheesysmile:

Latest posts

Back