Register

new pack member soon - first hike

Dogs and Cats, Other Pets, Poultry and Livestock. If it's yours and it runs, flies, swims or crawls, post about it here.
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 34,695.00

Re: new pack member soon

Post Number:#16  Unread postby akane » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:37 am

Aiko turned 8 weeks old and went on her first hike.

You have to run very fast to keep up with big dogs

There was also lots of falling down, I have many more of her flopping but my photobucket is running out of space

We really hate that leash idea

Aiko found a stick and it had to come with until she got tired of holding it

__________ Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:37 am __________

So far I have defended taking my puppy outside to 2 groups, 1 breeder, and got flamed by a moderator!? People it's on a checkline doing what it wants. It's expending energy when it wants. It is stopping when it wants. It did more running alone in a relatives yard over thanksgiving. We were prepared to carry her if she started to tire and she just barely did right before we got to the car. There was no forced exercise there. We didn't march a half mile out and a half mile back. We did more leaf killing than running. So until she's 3 months we will no longer call these "hikes". They shall be "outings" of exploration and leaf killing. Now I remember why I quit going to dog forums when I got my akita and barely mentioned my next 2 puppies online. People are crazier than when stating opinions about their kids. I got flamed by a mod on a major forum without asking for more details.... (the crazy people are out) What am I going to wake up to tomorrow.... Hate "mail"? I might get death threats for walking a puppy. :roll: While having it touching the ground! :o

Yes, it will be utterly horrible if Aiko does get an illness and devastating if something claims her life but I could have killed myself on my bike (nearly did) all the time growing up. I also have permanent injuries from horses but I wouldn't trade all my horseback riding time. You don't put puppies or kids in plastic bubbles. You let them be puppies and kids.
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/takakageri/library/
In order to save myself I must destroy first the me I was told to be -The Dreamer

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 7,914.00

Re: new pack member soon - first hike

Post Number:#17  Unread postby JessicaR » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:01 am

Looks like she had a great time!

No matter what you do someone will tell you that you did something wrong :roll: That type of exercising is what I was told to do when I get my german shepherd pup, easy on the joints and you let them set the pace.

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 3,261.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby SarniaTricia » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:26 pm

Akane
It's your dog.... you raise it!!! Don't let others get you down... just walk away from that negativity.

Looks like your pup had a great "Outing"
They do enjoy being out with the big dogs, running, jumping and just being crazy..... and they stop when they are tired... just like kids.

Keep on keeping on.
Breeding Magpie Harlequin Rabbits for Meat and Pelts...
Working towards a farm to raise animals with respect and care.

https://www.facebook.com/BABRabbits/

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 34,695.00

Post Number:#19  Unread postby akane » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:53 pm

I find most of the people who raise the healthiest and most well adjusted animals don't spend much time if at all on forums. They are busy doing it. The people making noise on forums are spending more time repeating all the potential problems they've only read can happen or trying to force their way on others. That's the reason I left the chinchilla forum. I disagreed with the tiny, sterile breeding cages that were causing mental issues for my adults and I let my best pair try raising kits in a full size, double level cage. My kits grow 3-4times as fast as they used to, we've had 1 death, and they are incredibly agile and friendly. We mostly quit weighing them so carefully because you can see them grow up and be active to tell their health. We don't have to wonder if one is struggling. They've got houses, shelves, wheels (not the wheels! They will die or forever have joint issues!), sometimes 4' high of cage and they maneuver it from a week old no problems. Chinchillas don't nest in the wild. I figured the forum was not going to be anymore interested in my experiment and new way of raising them than they were in my pellet opinions, which did get me "hate mail".
http://s1321.beta.photobucket.com/user/takakageri/library/
In order to save myself I must destroy first the me I was told to be -The Dreamer

Previous