New litter of 6 ( and 2 more due anytime)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamsFamilyFarm

Reaction score
My doe who didn't even clean the babies last time, or have them in the nest has given me 6, clean, happy babies. :clap: Granted, she refuses to make her nest in the box, but she did much better this time. No babies on the wire. All nice, clean and warm! Now I have 2 more due any minute. Of course they wait until it is raining/sleeting/snowing all at the same time to have their babies. :x

Congratulations! Hope all goes well for you this time.

(And I'm glad I'm NOT the one getting the nasty weather for a change!)

Yay! Must be the night for it. :) I just found a new litter of eight - first-time mom and she made a good nest - and I have two more due any second as well.

It's cold here, some snow on the ground, but no nasty weather, just typical February in Ontario.

We've decided it is "slushing". It's raining+sleeting+snowing=slushing! Now, out to check for more babies. It could be a long night!

Oh, {{{{{HCF}}}}}! I'm so sorry! How frustrating, just when you thought all was going well. Was this her first litter?

Yep, first litter. I'm sure she'll do better next time - she almost got it right!

The other two are just jumping in and out of nestboxes, not pulling fur. I have two more due in a day or so, as well, so fingers crossed that somebody is successful! :roll: All first-timers. Then a couple of experienced does due in a week or so.

Well, my second doe just had 7. 2 DOA, and 5 that look pretty good. She delivered a week early last time and lost 12, so I'm happy with 5. So far 11 in 2 days, with one more ready still pulling fur and arranging it. Hubby says he thinks she is close because he startled her when he went in the pen. That is unusual for her.<br /><br />__________ Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:28 pm __________<br /><br />Ok, make that 3 DOA. I just checked and found another one DOA, so 8 total.

wow - that's getting to be a fair few rabbits

sorry about the DOA but it does happen

Latest posts

Back