New litter, finally!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenoshaRabbits

Reaction score
Hey gang!
I finally got a litter out of my new rabbits. They are both Californians. One was a proven doe, the other was a 7 month old buck that had yet to sire a litter. I tried breeding them in February, alas it did not take. I tried breeding after it was obvious she wasn't pregnant. I was disappointed she didn't conceive the first time but hoped this second time would take. Fast forward 31 days... she wasn't hay-staching, wasn't pulling fur, wasn't building a nest, just compressing the hay in the nest box down. My wife thought another false pregnancy when we went out to the bunny barn this afternoon (Thursday).

I come back out about two hours later to feed everyone for the evening; and there is fur everywhere, her resting plank has blood on it, and I immediately check the nest box. And I have 13 kits in there. All are alive, none on the wire. I was told she was a good mother with large litters and so far she lives up to her reputation. Mom seems fine and the weather is relatively nice.

It is finally good to know something about this rabbit. She kindles on day 31; an early evening breeding results in an early evening kindling; she waits until the last minute to pull fur.

Pictures to come later after work.

Latest posts

Back