new colors

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilFish_JWQueen(:

Reaction score
Ok so i really really want the orange jersey woolies to pass but i dont think they will...ya see the problem is the under color which is being very difficult to get right.. heres my opinion...why is undercolor such a big stinkin deal..it does not detract from the appearance of the animal..its something u have to pretty much dig for. Id rather just see very nice type and no smut on an orange...which has been accomplished...its jus the undercolor is what the committee is being stubborn on.

I also am excited to see if the chocolate otters pass...i have one and its so cute and has incredible type so if they do pass i have a great start lol and its one that i was surprised at getting that color and of course has the best type in the litter but isnt showable yet lol

Needless to say im excited for convention and this is one of the things im most excited about...

I have orange Netherlands soo i dont see why they cant get it right.

Isn't undercolor something that differentiates certain colors from others though? I'm just asking because well, with the breeds I have I don't get far beyond the basics. Is there a color that looks the same as orange on top but with different undercolor?

Undercolor is important, I have seen side by side an opal, a fawn and a lynx MR. They all looked exactly the same, like Lynx's, until you checked the undercolor, and in the case of the Opal, noticed the slight difference in eye color. Undercolor can also influence the appearance of the color in general, and it can detract from appearance and proper pelt. Correct undercolor is correct undercolor regardless of breed, why should JW's get a break that other breeds do not? Passing a color that exhibits incorrect under color would be doing the breed a disservice and quite frankly half-assing it. Still, I understand your impatience, just be happy that your not doing Lionheads!!! See, could be worse! Enjoy Convention!

Latest posts

Back