New Cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenoshaRabbits

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a free set of cages and I wanted to share my good news with people who might care. (My wife only cares that they didn't cost money).

It was extremely good fortune. Someone posted them on Craigslist. He had 3 stand-alone cages (stackable), 1 portable transport cage (holds 4 rabbits), and a large frame of 6 cages. As well as assorted accessories j feeders, extra water bottles, 2 nest boxes. All stuff I could use.

And to top it all off, if I took everything I could have it for free!!

The stand alone cages are nice, and it is good to have extras around. But the gem was this rack of 6 cages. It is entirely stainless steel, he picked it up years ago from a University of Wisconsin-Madison scientific research program. This one is totally awesome. All of the cages and dropping pans can slide out for easy cleaning. Now I just need more rabbits to put in them! I may catch a huge case of Rabbit-tosis before the end of the year, now that I have 9 openings.

Cages 1.jpg
Cages 2.jpg
Cages 4.jpg

The only downsides are everything needs a good power washing. And the cages are a little smaller than I would like. (Still above the ARBA minimum cage size, but just barely)

Plus he lived a block away! It was pretty amazing. He posted the ad in Milwaukee (about 40 miles away) and ends up finding someone just down the block. I was able to get everything to my place in about 6 trips in my small car, except for the empty rack itself. It was probably a funny site seeing my push that thing down the highway to my house. Unfortunately there are no sidewalks by me.

But I just wanted to share my story of one heck of a day.

Really fantastic looking gear. At a brilliant price, too.

And the post sent me on an internet treasure hunt this morning to find out where similar equipment would end up if my local research University ever happened to want to dispose of them. Not that it's likely, but y'know, just in case. ;)

Latest posts

Back