Register

New buck

Discussion of all aspects of rabbits as meat animals. If this subject is offensive to you, please do not visit.
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 530.00

New buck

Post Number:#1  Unread postby SEP board » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:34 pm

I've been using a Mini Lop as my buck. I've had three kindles from him (only one success due to first time does). But as I've read more and gained experience from you folks I've decided to get another buck for breeding. Today I got a NZ/Altex mix. He's all white, 6 months old and 8-10 lbs. From what I understand he'll be ready to go between now and another month as several sites suggest they are old enough in the 6-7 month range.

I'll try him with one or more of the does tomorrow and see how it goes. :)

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 21,202.00

Re: New buck

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Marinea » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:53 am

Nice...but no picture?
Bird House Farm
Organic heirloom farming on a small scale

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 530.00

Re: New buck

Post Number:#3  Unread postby SEP board » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:02 pm

I'll work on it :)

He's about twice the size of our other buck (the mini) and from what I've read the Altex get to size pretty quickly. So the next kindle should be larger in the same amount of time.

The following user would like to thank SEP board for this post
Marinea