New Born Kit dehydrated even after feeding

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peechu

Reaction score
I had a surprise first litter a month back and the kits are doing great. Two days back, I got a second litter (the doe and buck were together for a few minutes after the first litter). The doe gave birth to three kits. Two of them were attacked by a red ant swarm and died within three hours of birth. One of them was miraculously (?) avoided by the ants (?). I had noticed that it was a bit smaller than the first litter babies, but I shuned it away thinking I might be worrying to much. He is a new zealand white baby, so I shuned away the peanut possibility too (?). He has quite a hunger also. BUT, he isn't growing it seems. I have had the first litter where the babies would have decent round tummies after a feed. But, this guy never gave me that satisfaction. I am feeding him 4 times a day (flip feeding). He peed and pooped also. What can be the problem? It's been 48 hours and with each minute my worries are increasing. He's warm and active too.

Latest posts

Back