New Addition to the Rabbitry!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandits Bunny Farm

Reaction score
I got a new bunny!!! a friend had an experience with a well know story (gets 2 rabbits, they have babies faster than you can blink an eye), and she asked me to take them. So there were 6 but she was so sad (she actually started crying :cry: ) so they decided to keep one (they fixed sire, are going to fix dam and also the buck they kept), so I have 5. 3 does and 2 bucks, 3 Broken Blues (2 does 1 buck), 1 Broken Black (buck) and 1 Broken Black Charlie (doe). They're about 7 weeks old as of Saturday, and I think Mini Lop mix (like 3/4 ML 1/4 something. the dam is pure and sire is 1/2 1/2).

So we were thinking about talking to the school district, daycares and even convalescent homes/hospitals, and seeing if I could come to grade schools, daycares, and special ed places with a bunny, and give a 15 minute or so presentation on rabbits, and let the kids come and interact with it for like $30-$50, as well as convalescent homes/hospitals for kind of a comfort thing (you know how some people do it with dogs, and I've heard of it being done with rabbits) for like $50-$100+, and since my most docile and sweetest rabbit died, I wanted to find another rabbit with a similar temperament.

Well, I think I found her! One of the Broken Blue Mini Lop mix doe kits. She is so cute! I named her Blaze because she has a cool blaze.

Attachments

• 0804142004.jpg
    0804142004.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 1,629
  • 0804142004a.jpg
    0804142004a.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 1,629
  • 0804142005.jpg
    0804142005.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,629
That is so cute and I think it is great that you are going to schools and old folks homes to talk about your rabbits! It sounds like a great idea :) She looks so cute with her little bows. :)

Funny story. The friend I got the litter from called me and said her mama doe was acting weird. "Like, how?" "She's pulling fur and carrying around hay and stuff.... to me it seems like she's nesting." "Yup" "But how? I got him fixed and I had them separated! Could they have mated through the wire?" "Yup!"

Guess what I'll be getting in 6 weeks :D :cool:

Back