Register

New 12 Step Program--

A place to post bits of news, ideas, musings and other things that don't really fit into the other forums.
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 485.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#256  Unread postby guardianoasis » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:18 am

ozemba wrote:Since this thread has come back to life I guess I'd better reintroduce myself..

I'm ozemba and I am here to let the forum members know that my rabbitosis has actually worsened as my rabbitry has now spread from one breed to two breeds.

After three years of Holland Lops, I am getting my first pair of French Angora rabbits from Six Guns next month.

How did this happen?

Because fluffy bunnies are the cutest

__________ Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:18 am __________

I wanted meat rabbits and something to show because I actually like showing in general. Kinda getting recognition for my hard work. I found the livestock conservancy website and American Chinchillas were listed as critical. My first rabbits were American Chinchillas. I have 5 super seniors in my barn where I think these next couple litters will be their last. They are pushing, or over, 5 years old. But then I found Satins and put a fork in me I'm done. I want all the colors. ALL.... OF.... THEM.... Same with Mini Satins but those are more for the kiddos. And I really like Satin Angoras but I don't know enough about the wool just yet to start that again.
Currently breeding American Chinchilla and Satin rabbits.
Guardian Oasis Website Guardian Oasis Facebook

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 1,290.00

Post Number:#257  Unread postby ozemba » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:38 pm

guardianoasis wrote:And I really like Satin Angoras but I don't know enough about the wool just yet to start that again.

Oh don't let me fool you, I am jumping into the deep end here, but my eyes are open and I've got wonderful people here who work with angoras that I can always turn to with questions. I'm excited to start the wool adventure.

BunnyBucks: 1,636.00

Post Number:#258  Unread postby Ozarkansas » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 pm

Hi :oops:
I'm Ozarkansas. My problem is I haven't been logging into rabbit talk enough. I haven't been spending as much time has I should with my enabling.... err... supportive freinds who share my awful disease. And... I um... well.... I dropped the Palominos. :cry: Yep you heard that right. I now have only 3 breeds. But I added two colors to the Dutch project so please forgive me?? Please? Also show season is starting here so I'm "hoping" I will be able to resist the running breeds. Actually I'm hoping I can't resist them!

LOL! Y'all have all the fun without me! I need to check in more often! BTW I am dealing with "Cavyosis" (AKA "GuineaPigosis") if anyone wants to hear about that ;)
Ozarkansas Rabbit Farms
Raising quality purebred Americans, Beverens, Dutch, and Palominos for meat, show, and pet.
htpp://www.ozarkansasrabbits.com

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 40.00

Post Number:#259  Unread postby BranscumFarm » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi. I'm Elizabeth and I am addicted to my rabbits. Was going to only have a tri. That was Sept. Ended up being home 4. Now I just got 2 more. Rabbit math....

But this is my I love them. So Cute. My YouTube is full of rabbits. I can't help myself.

https://youtu.be/mQfBHOsp00E
Branscum Farm on Facebook and YouTube

Site Supporter
1 year of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 3,815.00

Post Number:#260  Unread postby SarniaTricia » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:34 pm

I LOVE this thread!!

It has been several months since my last check-in (re: my rabbitosis)

I have developed a new counting method to more accurately calculate my herd.... and according to that count I currently have 21 rabbits... still more than I started with in the garage..

I thought I had run out of space in the two horse stalls I rent for my rabbitry, but after shifting a few things up into the hay loft, I have a space for another 24x24 stacker 4 holes high... I also feel if I get rid of the two 30x30 rusted out cages, I could repace those with a new 24x30 stacker and add at least one more hole to the rabbitry there......

The new counting method?:
You do not count:
Young in the nest box (because that young they could die!)
Young under 6months (because I'm really not sure they are staying until they are bred or breeding)
sales rabbits (because they are leaving)
cull rabbits (because they are going to be eaten within the next 6-8 weeks)

That leaves your breeding animals and the occasional JR that "IS STAYING"... lol
Breeding Magpie Harlequin Rabbits for Showing, Meat and Pelts...
Working towards a farm to raise animals with respect and care.
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

https://www.facebook.com/BABRabbits/
https://www.facebook.com/Growing-Urban- ... 749253819/
https://www.facebook.com/AmherstburgFarmersMarket/

The following user would like to thank SarniaTricia for this post
guardianoasis

Previous