Register

New 12 Step Program--

A place to post bits of news, ideas, musings and other things that don't really fit into the other forums.
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 4,311.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#241  Unread postby WhWRabbitry » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:42 am

I thought of this thread the other day when I was looking for a particular recipe in my cook book index. I was searching through, felt confused and realized that my brain was looking for the words "blue otter" in the index when what I was actually supposed to be looking for was "meat loaf". LOL. No I was not looking to turn a blue otter into a meat loaf either. We had just recently got our blue otter Velveteen Lop and apparently that was what my mind was focused on. :) I thought this was likely a sign of "Rabbitosis".

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 14,150.00

Post Number:#242  Unread postby alforddm » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:52 am

WhWRabbitry wrote:I thought of this thread the other day when I was looking for a particular recipe in my cook book index. I was searching through, felt confused and realized that my brain was looking for the words "blue otter" in the index when what I was actually supposed to be looking for was "meat loaf". LOL. No I was not looking to turn a blue otter into a meat loaf either. We had just recently got our blue otter Velveteen Lop and apparently that was what my mind was focused on. :) I thought this was likely a sign of "Rabbitosis".

:P :lol: :lol: :lol:

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 8,226.00

Post Number:#243  Unread postby Frecs » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:01 am

Hi, my name is Tina and I am a rabbitoholic. I was doing well until I found out Standard Rex had arrived in my state. Rabbitosis acquirosis hit like a bad case of hives which could only be calmed by obtaining some of those Rexes for myself. I got a breeding trio of 8-week olds for my birthday (every gal should be able to buy herself a birthday present so stop judging me! :P ). Then, the same breeder decided to sale out of most of her herd and she had this pretty broken castor doe that would go well with my castor trio. Made perfect sense to obtain her. YES, it DID SO! But, then, in the process of obtaining the sweet doe the breeder starts on how I really needed her adult buck -- all 11pounds of castor amazingness. I tried to resist. Truly I did. But, by all that is holy he is a BEAUT. And....and....YOU WOULD HAVE TAKEN HIM, TOO ...so stop judging me! :P

There is no cure. I am doomed. I don't care! :twisted:
Tina
Not Quite There Yet Homestead & Rabbitry
http://notquitethereyethomestead.blogspot.com/

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 11,915.00

Post Number:#244  Unread postby GBov » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:11 pm

I am ashamed :oops: but that didnt stop me setting up FOUR MORE CAGES!!! so I could bring my French Angora project closer to the door (for ease of bringing them inside to groom them) and the Rex does that SOMEHOW found their way to the farm instead of into the freezer could be settled into their now *gasp* EMPTY cages. After, of course, having a stop into the bucks cage on the way to their new abode.

*sigh*

Weak, I am so weak!

1 year of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 625.00

Post Number:#245  Unread postby powellanimals » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:12 pm

So I am heading to a show on the 6th and figured I would pick up a doe there if I saw one I liked. Well.....over the last few days I have managed to buy 5 Lionheads to get delivered to the show, before I even stepped foot there. And it wasn't like a one-time slip up, it was three different breeders. I'm terribly addicted....
https://www.facebook.com/powellanimals/

1 year of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 995.00

Post Number:#246  Unread postby MoonSpiritMom » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:24 pm

I don't even have my hutches together and I'm pretty much buying rabbits. found a lady near by with Black Otter Standard Rex who has to downsize because she is moving.... Annnnnd the breeder is a huge enabler of Rabbitosis!! lol What am I going to do here people!!! lol I may not have the money to buy any rabbits right now though *looks through her piggy bank*
Working on my little homestead...
13 chickens, 4 muscovy ducks, 4 kids, 2 cats and 1 dog. 5 rabbits! 1 Cali/NZ doe, 1 Giant Chinchilla/Flemish Cross Doe, 2 Flem/NZ cross does, 1 Flem/NZ cross buck!

1 year of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 625.00

Post Number:#247  Unread postby powellanimals » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:05 pm

Getting two French Lops tomorrow! New breed for me. And already looking for two more even though all of my cages will be full after tomorrow. Thankfully the hubby likes to build things for me.
https://www.facebook.com/powellanimals/

1 year of membership
BunnyBucks: 75.00

Post Number:#248  Unread postby Capri » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:24 pm

My name is Capri and I don't have the kind of rabbitosis a lot of people seem to have on here. My curiosity/fasinaction/love of all sorts of small mammals means I'd love to own and have owned quite a few interesting things. I'm in the city, so can't have ducks or sheep, which is too bad, because IMO they are adorable. I can't own a cat because I live with someone who is horribly allergic, and all others in my household just plain don't like cats. But I have always loved cats and rabbits equally. They are remarkably similar to stroke and a sleeping rabbit in your arms or lap is so like a sleeping kitten. So for my birthday this year, my family got me the cash for a rabbit of my choice. It was all done way in advance so that the rabbit would be here and well adjusted by the time my family all came over to celebrate and meet her.

She is a lionhead that I got by mistake as she was sold as a purebred Netherland dwarf. I haven't enough room for a large breed, and a medium might be pushing it a bit. A small breed is still a wonderful little armful of love and easier for my smallish hands to pick up.. :)

Felicity gives me a lot of love and happiness, and she is so happy here, too.

I go out to check on her as soon as I wake up in the morning, and throughout the day whenever I can, I'll stop by to see her. At least once or twice a day, depending on the weather and if she is accessible to me, I must take her in for a cuddle on my lap. She has a nice big shelter in her cage that she can sleep in or get out of the wind or run to if alarmed.

In the morning, she flies around like a maniac, so playful and hilarious.

Even with that, she greets me by standing up on her hind legs and stretching herself up as tall as she possibly can to greet my hand with her nose when I open the cage top. And she does what my Dutch rabbit from my teens did. Lick lick lick. Too cute.

She is all the rabbit/cat I need, and I can't ever get too much or enough of her.

Early Morning Play Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRlArAEspbg

The following user would like to thank Capri for this post
EnglishSpot

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 14,150.00

Post Number:#249  Unread postby alforddm » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:25 pm

I kept back 2 fairly nice 3/4 rex castor does. Then my magpie doe had two nice young ones I wanted to keep. One is a rex chin and one is a white rex. Then, when I was butchering today, I just couldn't bring myself to butcher the broken squirrel doe. She is 3/4 rex but doesn't have rex fur. She is sooo pretty. Then her dam has kindled again and there is a broken chin and a lynx (possible chin carrier) I may consider keeping. Now my my magpie is bred back to a broken blue tort and I can't wait to see what what she has. I have some 3/4 rex otter kits that are looking really nice... My pedigreed tri doe has a beautiful opal doe and a blue tri buck I think I need to keep... I hope some of these kits don't grow well or something or I'm going to be in serious trouble.

I thought my rabbitosis was well controlled but obviously it was just in a temporary remission.

I'm going to need more cages....

And just because I can't have any of you pointing fingers. The broken squirrel doe. You can't really blame me right???
Attachments
IMG_20170317_123328 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20170317_123328 (Medium).jpg (166.88 KiB) Viewed 588 times
IMG_20170317_123330 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20170317_123330 (Medium).jpg (201.02 KiB) Viewed 588 times
IMG_20170317_123332 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20170317_123332 (Medium).jpg (209.55 KiB) Viewed 588 times

Site Admin
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 58,788.00

Post Number:#250  Unread postby MaggieJ » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:29 pm

I don't blame you a bit for keeping her, Alforddm. She's gorgeous and looks very sweet too!

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 110.00

Post Number:#251  Unread postby quietsnooze » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Don't blame you one bit! She's so pretty!

Previous