Register

New 12 Step Program--

A place to post bits of news, ideas, musings and other things that don't really fit into the other forums.
Site Supporter
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Posts: 672
Joined: December 27, 2009
Location: North of Toronto
Canada
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 37 in 33 posts
BunnyBucks: 2,709.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#211  Unread postby Truckinguy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:04 am


My rabbitosis has now developed into a severe case of chickenosis. I have a small variety of birds and while I was in the feed store ordering a dozen mixed breeds for this Spring the owner of the feed store come out and offered me a dozen for free. Seems he is having surgery on his arms so he won't be able to take care of his birds. Free chickens? Well, twist my rubber arm...! Turns out to be 13 birds of a few different breeds. I kept seven and gave my neighbor six. Turkeys are coming in May... I don't have a problem, I can stop any time I want to... uh oh...

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 1133
Joined: October 30, 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
United States of America Female
Thanks: 665
Thanked: 215 in 199 posts
BunnyBucks: 6,328.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#212  Unread postby EnglishSpot » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:39 pm


Truckinguy, I think the next step is quail in chickenosis!
"Not doing anything is still making a choice."

Check out my rabbitry! http://www.facebook.com/SoaringGooseRabbits/

New Blog: https://soaringgooserabbits.wordpress.com/

Moderator
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 14497
Joined: January 20, 2010
United States of America Female
Thanks: 965
Thanked: 1496 in 1224 posts
BunnyBucks: 56,220.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#213  Unread postby Miss M » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:53 pm


:lol: Yeah, my husband's been considering quail ever since we started chickens...

Hang in there, Truckinguy... I'm sure there's help for you! :P You do know that the "keep the best and eat the rest" applies to racing pigeons, too, right? :twisted:
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 6025
Joined: October 6, 2013
Location: northwest PA
United States of America
Thanks: 1519
Thanked: 1495 in 1243 posts
BunnyBucks: 31,003.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#214  Unread postby Zass » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:59 pm


Miss M wrote::lol: Yeah, my husband's been considering quail ever since we started chickens...

Hang in there, Truckinguy... I'm sure there's help for you! :P You do know that the "keep the best and eat the rest" applies to racing pigeons, too, right? :twisted:


I love my quail. They are cute and I can pet them and hold them. :D They don't do much, but they don't eat much either. :lol: Somehow, we seem to bond more with the birds then the rabbits. There was no way in the world I would have been able to eat my laying hens. It was torture to cull a couple sick ones.

I sure would like to add some fancy pigeons to the aviary...

2 years of membership2 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 232
Joined: January 29, 2015
Location: Everett, WA
United States of America Female
Thanks: 59
Thanked: 27 in 22 posts
BunnyBucks: 1,373.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#215  Unread postby baefull.wolfbunnies » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:40 pm


Truckinguy wrote:My rabbitosis has now developed into a severe case of chickenosis.


I skipped chickenosis and was struck by quailosis but I know what you mean.
Image
I absolutely love evee, the pokemon and all iterations of it remind me of rabbits and all the various breeds

Avid Gardener, 1 Cinnamon; Amos, 1 French Angora X Beveren doe; Blue Pouff, their daughter Latte, 1 Thrianta buck; Adobo

"I have loved the stars to fondly to be fearful of the night" Sarah Williams "The Old Astronomer"

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 2605
Joined: August 11, 2014
Location: Idabel, OK
Thanks: 58
Thanked: 609 in 509 posts
BunnyBucks: 14,150.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#216  Unread postby alforddm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:08 pm


I was bad today. I reserved a couple of Rex does out of a litter of 11. They were born yesterday :lol:. They are castor so not a perfect match for my Buck (he's lilac) but they are close (the lady will meet me only an hr away) and the litter size is good with a history of large litters in those lines.

2 years of membership2 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 2497
Joined: February 4, 2015
Location: Beckley, WV
United States of America Female
Thanks: 1435
Thanked: 356 in 308 posts
BunnyBucks: 12,964.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#217  Unread postby Susie570 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:52 am


Zass wrote: There was no way in the world I would have been able to eat my laying hens. It was torture to cull a couple sick ones.

I sure would like to add some fancy pigeons to the aviary...


Yup.... sure sounds like you need more birds :roll: :lol: :D
Interested in running a forum for Lop rabbits? Ask me.

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 1133
Joined: October 30, 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
United States of America Female
Thanks: 665
Thanked: 215 in 199 posts
BunnyBucks: 6,328.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#218  Unread postby EnglishSpot » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:32 am


alforddm wrote:I was bad today. I reserved a couple of Rex does out of a litter of 11. They were born yesterday :lol:. They are castor so not a perfect match for my Buck (he's lilac) but they are close (the lady will meet me only an hr away) and the litter size is good with a history of large litters in those lines.


Uh oh, it sounds like you have a double infection of rabbitosis!!

Be sure the sex change fairy doesn't strike when you pick up your babies!
"Not doing anything is still making a choice."

Check out my rabbitry! http://www.facebook.com/SoaringGooseRabbits/

New Blog: https://soaringgooserabbits.wordpress.com/

2 years of membership2 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 322
Joined: March 18, 2015
Location: Crossville, TN
United States of America Male
Thanks: 52
Thanked: 32 in 29 posts
BunnyBucks: 1,772.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#219  Unread postby lereg15 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:58 pm


Somebody help me!!! I'm hooked!! I just contacted a lady that needs room for more rabbits and says she'll sell me 4 NZW, pure bred does for a killer price! Beings that I originally wanted 2 does and a buck, somehow I guess I'll be getting my 2 bucks and 4 does. With all of them, I'm going to have to really expand my 'mini' rabbitry soon. 35-40 kits a month is not what I was planning for, but how can I pass it up? Thank God I work part time at a restaurant!!

What am I to do? I've only had my bucks for about a month now, and I'll be having about 40 more in a few months. Am I hopeless, or is there a way to come out of this sickness? I truly believe that I will be much better off than my wife though, so at least I have a little positive in this whole thing!

I have room for about 18 cages, but am still wanting some NZR's too. Help me folks! I really think that I'm a goner now with no way to turn back.
Greg

2 years of membership2 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 2497
Joined: February 4, 2015
Location: Beckley, WV
United States of America Female
Thanks: 1435
Thanked: 356 in 308 posts
BunnyBucks: 12,964.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#220  Unread postby Susie570 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:08 pm


I don't need to be infected any more deeply than I already am.

STAY AWAY!!!!! :P :lol:
Interested in running a forum for Lop rabbits? Ask me.

2 years of membership2 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 322
Joined: March 18, 2015
Location: Crossville, TN
United States of America Male
Thanks: 52
Thanked: 32 in 29 posts
BunnyBucks: 1,772.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#221  Unread postby lereg15 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:12 pm


Syberchick70 wrote:I don't need to be infected any more deeply than I already am.

STAY AWAY!!!!! :P :lol:

See I didn't think this post would be any help, :lol: . How can I get help from people that can't have enough buns in the first place?
Greg

2 years of membership2 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 2497
Joined: February 4, 2015
Location: Beckley, WV
United States of America Female
Thanks: 1435
Thanked: 356 in 308 posts
BunnyBucks: 12,964.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#222  Unread postby Susie570 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:20 pm


lereg15 wrote:
Syberchick70 wrote:I don't need to be infected any more deeply than I already am.

STAY AWAY!!!!! :P :lol:

See I didn't think this post would be any help, :lol: . How can I get help from people that can't have enough buns in the first place?


I have a bit of help in a couple of ways...
One, I don't own the property and I know my boyfriend doesn't want stacks and stacks of rabbits here, so that makes me more cautious, cost of cages... and he made me promise that any kits we couldn't sell within a reasonable period of time would go in the freezer. I don't like the freezer idea, so it helps me restrain myself. :p
Interested in running a forum for Lop rabbits? Ask me.

Moderator
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 18726
Joined: November 3, 2011
Location: CA
United States of America Female
Thanks: 1051
Thanked: 2482 in 1980 posts
BunnyBucks: 87,553.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#223  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:51 pm


lereg15 wrote:I have room for about 18 cages, but am still wanting some NZR's too.


You may as well get started building your bunny barn. 18 cages will no way be enough, considering the depth of your infection. :mrgreen:
Victory Garden Rabbits

Image

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

2 years of membership2 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 322
Joined: March 18, 2015
Location: Crossville, TN
United States of America Male
Thanks: 52
Thanked: 32 in 29 posts
BunnyBucks: 1,772.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#224  Unread postby lereg15 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:35 pm


Syberchick70 wrote:
lereg15 wrote:
Syberchick70 wrote:I don't need to be infected any more deeply than I already am.

STAY AWAY!!!!! :P :lol:

See I didn't think this post would be any help, :lol: . How can I get help from people that can't have enough buns in the first place?


I have a bit of help in a couple of ways...
One, I don't own the property and I know my boyfriend doesn't want stacks and stacks of rabbits here, so that makes me more cautious, cost of cages... and he made me promise that any kits we couldn't sell within a reasonable period of time would go in the freezer. I don't like the freezer idea, so it helps me restrain myself. :p

I understand the point, but I have total control with the outside of the house, :twisted: !!
MamaSheepdog wrote:
lereg15 wrote:I have room for about 18 cages, but am still wanting some NZR's too.


You may as well get started building your bunny barn. 18 cages will no way be enough, considering the depth of your infection. :mrgreen:

There is room for expansion, but I'll have to spend some extra money for it :shock:
Greg

2 years of membership2 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 890
Joined: April 14, 2015
Location: South River, Ontario
Canada Female
Thanks: 97
Thanked: 121 in 99 posts
BunnyBucks: 5,736.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#225  Unread postby TF3 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:51 pm


I'm a new member and my decline has been fast and painless.
Six weeks ago I agreed to ONE pet rabbit.
He became she plus 10.
And then another...
And picking up 5 more tomorrow.
If it's wrong, I don't wanna be right!
Lori
Chief Rabbit Wrangler and Homeschooling Mom
(Fiber & Dye Artisan, too)
Flying Moon Farm
Standard Rex & Meat Mutts
Facebook & Instagram
South River, ON
est. 2015
"Learn something new every day" <--- 2015 Goal

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests