Register

New 12 Step Program--

A place to post bits of news, ideas, musings and other things that don't really fit into the other forums.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 310.00

Re: New 12 Step Program--

Post Number:#181  Unread postby hucklekree » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:48 am

Hello everyone.

My name is Hucklekree.

And like many of you I also suffer from rabbitosis. However, I only found rt after I had developed my addiction. I have been affected from a young age when I aquired my first bunny. I was in remission for a while and during that time I discoved I suffer from a myrid of other addictions such as: ovinosis, bovinosis, poultosis and swinitosis. I forced myself to go cold turkey for the sake of my education but soon found myself smuggling animals into prohibited residences.
I have tried to deny my problem but I usually end up betraying myself by cooing and holding random pets and creatures.

So In an effort to make peace with my addictive personality I went back to the beginning of it all and bought a trio of meat mutts. I thought three would be a middle ground for me. Enough to satisfy my needs for the cute fluffy. And i justified that they would help us be more sustainable. That was three years ago. We now have many more than three. Along with some pigs goats chickens and peacocks....
Concerning the Farm and Family:
http://middaydrizzle.blogspot.com/ (just started and mostly me rambling)
http://thebackofthebeyond.weebly.com (rough at the moment WIP)

The following user would like to thank hucklekree for this post
Easy Ears, Phacelia

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 56,225.00

Post Number:#182  Unread postby Miss M » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:27 pm

:rotfl:

Like gasoline on a flame...
Sithrah Farm - http://sithrahfarm.com/

We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 181.00

Post Number:#183  Unread postby Jackiibunny » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:05 pm

My name is Jackii & I'm addicted to rabbits & there cuteness :bunnyhop:

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 6,353.00

Post Number:#184  Unread postby EnglishSpot » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:58 pm

My name is EnglishSpot. My daughter developed Rabbitosis a year before I did, and spread it to me. I think my son is catching it. The only person immune to it is the husband. Nine months ago my daughter got her rabbit. Six days ago I bought my own. By next year we may have a litter. Being on RT inflames my Rabbitosis, because all I'm learning just means I feel capable of handling it all...
"Not doing anything is still making a choice."

Check out my rabbitry! http://www.facebook.com/SoaringGooseRabbits/

New Blog: https://soaringgooserabbits.wordpress.com/

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 87,563.00

Post Number:#185  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:52 pm

EnglishSpot wrote:My daughter developed Rabbitosis a year before I did, and spread it to me. I think my son is catching it. The only person immune to it is the husband.

In my household, I believe that I am the only victim suffering from full-blown Rabbitosis. My Daughter Queenpup also has signs of the disease, although it manifests in the social aspect of showing rabbits, and of course the love of cute little bunny-popples.

I have, however, managed to infect my sons and husband to a limited degree by feeding them rabbits. Although this method doesn't always cause full blown Rabbitosis, it does at least cause the recipients to value and appreciate rabbits as part of the homestead. Unlike with my other "pets", there is never a word of protest when I bring home yet another bunneh, because they know that ultimately there will just be more rabbit on the menu for them. :dinner:
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 6,353.00

Post Number:#186  Unread postby EnglishSpot » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:00 pm

LOL, I am glad your family is mostly infected!! I'm partial to raising meat rabbits but the family would freak out if I tried to serve them rabbit (again)! The first time didn't go over so well and for them to find out they're home grown would be a travesty. Perhaps coworkers of mine would be interested? Anyway, if it doesn't come out of a can or a fast food joint, the hubby and the kids aren't interested in eating it. :evil: I made homemade beef stew with rice and neither child would eat it--they decided to go to bed hungry. McD's the hubby brought home last night??? Gone in an instant. I don't know where these offspring came from!!! I quit making dinner about a year ago because n.o.b.o.d.y. would eat it. Homemade fried chicken, mashed potatoes, casseroles, etc, nothing. So I don't cook for the family anymore, but if we have company I cook for them. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
"Not doing anything is still making a choice."

Check out my rabbitry! http://www.facebook.com/SoaringGooseRabbits/

New Blog: https://soaringgooserabbits.wordpress.com/

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 31,923.00

Post Number:#187  Unread postby Zass » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:17 pm

EnglishSpot wrote:LOL, I am glad your family is mostly infected!! I'm partial to raising meat rabbits but the family would freak out if I tried to serve them rabbit (again)! The first time didn't go over so well and for them to find out they're home grown would be a travesty. Perhaps coworkers of mine would be interested? Anyway, if it doesn't come out of a can or a fast food joint, the hubby and the kids aren't interested in eating it. :evil: I made homemade beef stew with rice and neither child would eat it--they decided to go to bed hungry. McD's the hubby brought home last night??? Gone in an instant. I don't know where these offspring came from!!! I quit making dinner about a year ago because n.o.b.o.d.y. would eat it. Homemade fried chicken, mashed potatoes, casseroles, etc, nothing. So I don't cook for the family anymore, but if we have company I cook for them. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Try not having any restaurant or grocery store meat for a few months. :twisted:

It turned my husband into a hunter really fast.

United States of America
BunnyBucks: 4,325.00

Post Number:#188  Unread postby JenerationX » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:47 pm

I do NOT have rabbitosis. I'm working on it though.

BunnyBucks: 7,390.00

Post Number:#189  Unread postby Sagebrush » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:44 pm

JenerationX wrote:I do NOT have rabbitosis. I'm working on it though.

:twisted: You are in the "denial" stage. :twisted:

The following user would like to thank Sagebrush for this post
Easy Ears, JenerationX

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 15,234.00

Post Number:#190  Unread postby alforddm » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:23 am

I have rabbitosis. It's getting worse. I currently have meat mutts but I want some standard rex so bad I can taste it...unfortunately there aren't any locally. I'd have to drive at least 4 hours one way with 2 very active preschool boys to pick any up. That thought, thus far, has prevented a rabbit...I mean rapid expansion.

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 15.00

Post Number:#191  Unread postby shawn » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:43 pm

If you find yourself driving around looking for acreage large enough to accommodate your dream rabbit herd then you have reached the late stages of this debilitating obsession. :lol:
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
Audrey Hepburn

Rabbit Barn
Visit Us at http://rabbitbarn.com

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Male
BunnyBucks: 104.00

Post Number:#192  Unread postby ColtonRyan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:43 pm

Wow. I'm a friend of Bill W.'s so I'm used to this meeting format. However, is it possible to have Rabbitosis Aquireosis without having actually picked up the first rabbit yet?

Should I just skip the foreplay and introduce myself now?

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,787.00

Post Number:#193  Unread postby katiebear » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:39 pm

Yes, and Yes. You have the symptoms...just haven't broken out yet.Aquireousis is the first and final and longest lasting phase.. This almost never goes into remittion....Cage buildinosis is the most painful,and dropping disposalinosis..well you get the idea...... :welcome: to rabbits...have a seat.
I must leave the meeting now to deal with the droppings and purchase more hay.....bunnies bunnies bunnies bunnies............
Last edited by katiebear on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Supporter
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 31,923.00

Post Number:#194  Unread postby Zass » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:51 pm

shawn wrote:If you find yourself driving around looking for acreage large enough to accommodate your dream rabbit herd then you have reached the late stages of this debilitating obsession. :lol:

I might as well admit I'm in this phase RIGHT NOW. My husband has promised me an entire barn for them...

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 87,563.00

Post Number:#195  Unread postby MamaSheepdog » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Zass wrote:
shawn wrote:If you find yourself driving around looking for acreage large enough to accommodate your dream rabbit herd then you have reached the late stages of this debilitating obsession. :lol:

I might as well admit I'm in this phase RIGHT NOW. My husband has promised me an entire barn for them...

Well, I must say, that is just splendid. Yes indeedy. :yes:

Now... *ahem!*...

We are planning on building a chicken coop and quail run, are we not?

Remember our watchwords... Rabbit cages are for rabbits, not miscellaneous livestock.
Victory Garden Rabbits

Proud new owner of the highly coveted Get-away-with-it-card! (Homer's gift to me in a feeble attempt to curry favor and avoid the ban hammer.)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson

PreviousNext