Nevermind Hoobly!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So after I have had a about some not so great people on Craigslist I had remember at site named Hoobly where you can also post about animals for sale though it is more pet, than live stock, but considering the rabbits I have for sale are intended for pets I created an account, and made my post. After posting I had decided to take a look around at the local rabbits for sale. To my shock the first few posts were "warning" posts from local breeders. Apparently someone has been poking around the site, and calling the Department of Agriculture, and reporting local breeders, with accusation of "over breeding, rabbits in extreme poor health, using live baby rabbits as dog treats." These people were inspected, and NOTHING of the sort was found. Quite the opposite actually. These breeders after being inspected quickly posted a warning on the site about what someone is doing. I took my post down immediately after seeing that!

I don't blame you, but, unfortunately, that just means they won

I have used ebayclassifieds.com in the Pets>Livestock section for a couple of years.
I am in central California where there are A LOT of ARAs which is one of the reasons that I stopped using CL.
I just keep my same ad on and renew it every 2 months. I have updated the photos occasionally.
I have had over 1200 views during that time and have sold a fair number of rabbits from the ad.

ebayclassifieds for my area is pretty much only official rescues and no one else uses it. It also posts to a parent site, I forget the exact name, without telling you that I had issues with an antibreeder on. They locked my account and deleted my posts because of this person reporting me. Luckily it was solely an online issue and a couple emails reversed the whole thing to the point of banning the other user but it's the only place I have run into issues on. Nothing is 100% safe anymore and it depends on your area as to what is the safest and/or works the best.

caroline":cm2kmd1v said:
I have used ebayclassifieds.com in the Pets>Livestock section for a couple of years.
I am in central California where there are A LOT of ARAs which is one of the reasons that I stopped using CL.
I just keep my same ad on and renew it every 2 months. I have updated the photos occasionally.
I have had over 1200 views during that time and have sold a fair number of rabbits from the ad.

You haven't seen a LOT of ARAs until you see my area. I live less than 3 miles from the home offices of PETA, located in Norfolk, VA.

Stephanie":6mkazl10 said:
caroline":6mkazl10 said:

You haven't seen a LOT of ARAs until you see my area. I live less than 3 miles from the home offices of PETA, located in Norfolk, VA.

Here I thought the left coast had all the problems. Guess I can be grateful some are one the other side of the country :p

Latest posts

Back