Never Seen This Before

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Star Rabbitry

Reaction score
I was breeding one of my bucks this morning. Every thing went normally but instead of falling backwards and grunting he just weakly fell backwards like he had missed. I turned the doe over and there was what looked like a gob of clear jelly on her tail close to her vulva. Is the fact that that it was clear a sign that he is infertile or is clear goop on the doe after breeding normal? The buck is not proven.

Emily

He probably missed her - being an inexperienced buck. I recommend putting them back together to breed again asap.

I know that he missed her, I am just wondering wether or not the fact that then seamen was clear was a sign of him being infertile. I bred him to a couple of my unproven does with no success a while back and am starting to worry. He is 8 1/2 months old.

Emily

Silver Star Rabbitry":7hmfkpis said:
I know that he missed her, I am just wondering wether or not the fact that then seamen was clear was a sign of him being infertile. I bred him to a couple of my unproven does with no success a while back and am starting to worry. He is 8 1/2 months old.

Emily

I bred a lot of does to several proven bucks a while back with no luck! Just the time of year, I suspect. Give him a couple more chances. :)

I've seen some of my experienced bucks mounting from the side and ejaculating - doh! Miles away from where they should be. :?

Latest posts

Back