Nesting question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pintypint

Reaction score
Hello! I have two female bunnies (blue torts), about six months old. My bunnies have built a nest (false pregnancy). How long do I have to keep this nest going? I would like to clean the hutch and get rid of the nest. Is this going to upset them? They are not aggressive or protective of the nest at all.

I'd pull the hair out, tell them thank you and keep the hair for if they actually get pregnant (if you're planning on mating them) just in case they don't pull enough then.

Are you absolutely sure that both of them are female? Many times, people have come home with two does... only to discover, when one is nesting, that one of them is a boy.

Miss M":1324gx6s said:
Are you absolutely sure that both of them are female? Many times, people have come home with two does... only to discover, when one is nesting, that one of them is a boy.

(GUILTY) :x

Susie570":1boz1zen said:
Miss M":1boz1zen said:

(GUILTY) :x

Ditto :lol:

:roll: Me too, first litter was in my kitchen, surprise, surprise...

If there is fur - leave it, for the time beeing. None of my two does pulled fur at a false pregnancy (there are sure others that do), and when they do it is just a matter of 1 or 2 days and I have popples. :p

First make sure they are really does, when you are not sure seperate them until you are - they can get pregnant again right away after kindling. :?

If it's just hay, and both are sure does, you can remove the nest, just give them enough hay so they can act out that urge.

Preitler

Latest posts

Back