Nestbox blanket weaving!/ kindling

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cereshill

Reaction score
Curly is weaving her fur blanket---she made a nest last week and is really bulging. Looks like popples in the am; have another due tomm too!

Fun Fun Fun!

Pics in the gallery tomm.

I'm jealous! :evil: I had six due - one died, one kindled and lost them all and the other four are doing absolutely nothing. :x

fur pulling picks up; it was fun to watch her pull fur and weave it into the hay making a blanket. Truly remarkable what instincts animals have. I didn't stay up to film her kindling but will at some point this year!

Congratulations on the popples, and the colors! Can't wait to see photos! Isn't this the doe that was "overdue"?

There are images in the gallery---she was overdue. After 40 days I rebred--obvoiusly she missed the previous time.

I have bred her 3x and this is her second litter with us. She came with a litter too.<br /><br />__________ Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:55 am __________<br /><br />So, I checked and have a runt in the litter: four full tummies and one skinny runt. Wondering about culling it...

If I were you, I would not cull it, it could turn out just fine like the rest of them. It's not fair to not give it a chance at survival. Who knows. It might thrive.

Logan,

Runts that arent' fed do not do well... If it is still thin tonight, that will be a sign. I check my nests 2/x day; I tried this with another litter adn the results were bad. The Momma rabbit may just know whats up with the kits---we don't.

Back