Nest building

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack

Reaction score
I Have a most peculiar nest, one of my wife's polish build what I'd call a winter nest, I'm used to the trampled flat with a hole in the back nests that my other rabbits build, but this rabbit took all the hay I gave her (big clump and about half stuffed nest box) and made a flat part, then where the nest box slopes up, she dug a tunnel, and made a little cave in the back.

Sadly she lost all of her due to a stuck kit, but I have a singleton thrianta, the other two didn't make it, so she is fostering it
(better nest, and my wife is pretty insistent, as the polish is a backup doe for a friend)

Well off to take a pic, it's just so cute, and in a week I will have a chocolate doe with a pretty red bunny

Sorry she lost her litter, but that's pretty cool that she's fostering your thrianta.

I have a doe that grabs everything she can get her teeth on, too. BIG nest with a tunnel to get to the back. She goes in to nurse through the tunnel, and then fills in the tunnel when she comes back out. Good momma!

One of my fairly new NZ Black does did something like that... pretty elaborate, but very snug looking nest. Babies are thriving, so I guess it's all good!

yep, seems snug, there was a fight between my wife and her friend who also breeds Polish (strangely about me getting mad, not me actually being mad, and I was completely uninvolved :-? )

The gist was, I was either going to foster to her, as she is a 1st time doe, or breed her back on day two, which is the fertility day, if you go with the whole nature thing. Her friend was pissed at me suggesting breeding a polish back that quickly (she's in good condition) so she got the baby and the tarantula go rebred...

Well here's the pics

Attachments

• DSC01915.JPG
    DSC01915.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,046
  • DSC01916.JPG
    DSC01916.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,046

Latest posts

Back