Nest Boxes that Attach to the door?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PulpFaction

Reaction score
How would you go about building a nest box that attaches directly to the front opening door of a cage? This particular door swings out and to the side, if that helps.

Should I use cage wire with some kind of liner? Anybody have photos or plans for this kind of thing?

I have done this type of setup before. All of my cages were on top of some cinder blocks at the time though. Now they are stacked so I am not sure how it would work out. Basically made a box out of OSB that butted up to the cage door and was the same height as the cage. Put some cinder blocks under the box so it was the same height as the cage and then weighted it down. The top of the boxed was hinged so I could get in it. I am not sure if I would do this now where my rabbits are in stacked cages.

You're welcome :)

Just be sure your cages are well anchored. The weight of doe and litter in the nestbox can pull the cage right over if it isn't. :(

Provided you covered the wire floor how well would these boxes work in colder weather compared to the longer shallow boxes normally used?

Latest posts

Back