Need pedigree info from UK/European/Asian breeders

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looneypumpkin

Reaction score
We are working on our pedigree software and wondering how people in Europe and Asia record weights. I'm assuming kilograms, but what is the official word? Trying to make our software world-wide friendly :)
How do you fill in your weight on your pedigrees in the UK?

Actually most imports do not have pedigrees. I think it'll be hard to find many outside of the US (unless they're some one that adopted pedigreeing because they wanted to keep records OR to attract USA buyers).

Rebel.Rose.Rabbitry":2gcx4kxp said:
Actually most imports do not have pedigrees. I think it'll be hard to find many outside of the US (unless they're some one that adopted pedigreeing because they wanted to keep records OR to attract USA buyers).

That is surprising that most don't have them. But at the same time not so, since they don't have an ARBA like we do.... thanks!

I believe that almost all (if not all) european countries have Federation/Association of breeders, but i general they are not specialized only in rabbits but in all small livestock (guinea pigs, pigeons, chickens..). We do have standards for animal (you call it SOP?), pedigrees (3 generations) and weight our animals in kilograms (kg).

European association
http://www.entente-ee.com/index.html

Thanks Nika,

I think we'll add an option (drop down) to change weight to kg. I think that would be the only difference as far as record keeping.. maybe spellings and breed names but you could just select "Rabbit" from the breed list.

Back