Register

Need help building this hutch design

Do It Yourself and save money. Post about your rabbit DIY projects here.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,725.00

Re: Need help building this hutch design

Post Number:#16  Unread postby AnnClaire » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:30 am

HOWsMom wrote:
AnnClaire wrote:Biannually I torch all my cages ...

What do you mean "torch" your cages ?
And why every 2nd year ?

LOL biannually = 2x per year, so, spring and fall I pull the cages and use a hand held propane torch from local hardware store to burn and heat the wire of the cages, j-feeders and metal water dishes to remove debris (angora fibers, shed fur from Silver Foxes, spider webs, etc.), diseases (staph, etc), and other undesirables (coccidia, fur mites, etc).

My breeding takes place in the winter and all my does insist on building a poop pancake for the babies, and since I believe that the poop pancake is where the babies get their start on growing good gut bacteria, I leave the pancakes until the spring cleaning.
cheers - AnnClaire

United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 1,030.00

Re: Need help building this hutch design

Post Number:#17  Unread postby bigfoot_158 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:16 am

AnnClaire wrote:
My breeding takes place in the winter and all my does insist on building a poop pancake for the babies, and since I believe that the poop pancake is where the babies get their start on growing good gut bacteria, I leave the pancakes until the spring cleaning.

Really? I wonder why my babies are doing good with out poop pancakes. I cant stand to see a cage like that. :lol:
Have a Nice day
BigFoot

Previous