need help for medical emergency

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahdissaleh

Reaction score
About one month ago the feet my 2years old rabbit were wounded because he wasn't familiar with his new staffing and he didn't urinate on it so he just walked on his urine all over he urinated in his home.His wounds are so painful that he even couldn't move his leg.So I visit his Dr. and he said to me that I shoud inject antibiotic to him every 24Hr.Then he told me how to do it and I did it for one week.After that week I saw a bad, painful and bloody cicatrix exactly in where I injected every day. So please help me what should I do with my suffered rabbit :cry: :cry:

First solve the urine your rabbit is walking in. I'm really not sure what your setup is like. It might help to put your location since I am not familiar with your terms and we might need to translate or substitute items to match your location. Is it a solid floor which needs bedding? Are you trying to potty train? You can't just dump them in there and expect them to pee where you want. After fixing the floor of the cage I would mix epsom salt into warm water to soak his feet daily, carefully dry them, and rinse with a nontoxic antiseptic like betadine or chlorhexadine. You can even get chlorhexadine liquid soap to wash with instead of pour or dabbing it on. Don't get too much of the rabbit wet because they get cold and die easy without their fluffy coat. An injectable antibiotic is not going to clear up a localized infection and sores such as on just the feet as well as dealing with the feet directly. There also might be some painkiller options to look into so he can move around more comfortably.

Back