My work in progress

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasharia

Reaction score
Well I am trying to build a nice rabbitry I have a small space to work with so I need to stack some. Right now they are on the gound till I get paid once I do some are getting the frames up little at a time.

The 4 hole I did my self and I am going to make one more like that but it is going to be 8 holes 2 high.
156.jpg

the row on the gound that I need to build a frame for.
152.jpg

110-1.jpg

the first cage I made way too big but sage likes it.
114.jpg

Jasharia,
did you ever think about building a large frame/Barn in that space you have?
From the fence to a little bit in front of the house?
You could put a corrugated metal roof anmd hang your cages from the frame.
It would give you a lot more room. Just a thought. I do like your idea though.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Very cool. And wow! I bet Sage does like that cage. It's very nice and roomy.

May I make a suggestion to save you some $? I have banks of cages that are 3 and 4 hole. I went to our local used building supply store and bought scrap 2x4's and cut them to 36 inches. I used fencing staples to attach to the banks for legs. It's not perfect, but it did get them up off the ground. It's a lot of work to move the cages daily to clean the waste and to bend that far down to feed (but I'm getting old and hate bending). I've also used 'spare' cages under cages to get them up. The poop still falls through.

I always thought it was small but thank you that really makes me feel better. I have to do it little at a time money it tight I am out of work but going to school. I have a wonderful boyfriend that is helping money wise. I do all the labor with it. I want to have about 30 holes as we have a few breeds going and want to give them the time they all need.

You have a great space to work with! You'll have no problem fitting 30 holes. Maybe you could find some cheap or free cement blocks or bricks to raise the cages on the ground. Waste management would be easier for you. Everything looks good.

You know I didn't think of that I can get some recyceled cinder blocks and put them up on them. Thank you for all the help. I hate bending over I send the kids to do it I have a bad back lol.

It looks really nice!If i may suggest im not sure how much shade you have you might plant some pumpkins or gourds for the shade.

Latest posts

Back