My website is up!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeaTimeBunnies

Reaction score
As the title says I finally got my rabbitry website up!!!! I have a few parts still under construction, but they aren't necessary for my rabbit sales. The link is in my signature. The parts still under construction are informational pages about the breeds I have. I have English Spots, I'm getting mini rex at the end of the month, and we have lops. I'm just calling them lops right now, because I'm no certain if they are full mini lop or mix (I'm thinking more mix right now). If anyone has suggestions for what to put on those pages I'd like them. Also if any of y'all look at the website I'm open to suggestions for it too :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

looks great so far! i live the simple layout and colours, and the photos of your bunnies in the banners! all your information is easy to find and well written - something i super appreciate. some breeder sites are sooo hard to descipher haha.

a couple things i noticed though:

it looks like your mini lop page is a child of the english spot page, and the rex page is a child of the mini lops, meaning you won't see the lop link until you mouse over the english spot link, and you won't see rex til you mouse over lops! it's pretty simple to fix though. go to your pages menu in your admin controls and click 'quick edit' beneath the name of your lop and rex pages, and look for this:
S5JaPpi.png

making sure your pages are parented properly makes it much easier to navigate your site!

also, and this is just the website designer side of me being picky, the contact link in the main menu should ideally be on the same line as everything else. there is a way to make the margins on the menu larger manually but it's a bit technical. to keep it simple i would make a page called 'our rabbits' or something similar and then make the bucks and does pages children of 'our rabbits.' it would make the menu smaller and tidier looking. you can see an example of what i mean on my site (click the banner in my signature!) but again, it's just me being nitpicky!

Thanks shazza. I fixed the pages. You have some beautiful Rabbits. My trick for keeping the site simply written is that I have the kids that I babysit (ages 8 & 12) look at the website, and if they don't understand, it's too complicated and I rewrite it in a simpler way until they know what I'm talking about.

Thanks!! I'm trying to keep it up to date. I should be updating my in the nest page tomorrow :D
I'm SO excited for this litter that's due. My doe has nested, so now we are all just trying to patiently wait. Anyway back on topic, I've also added my two newest rabbits on their respective pages there too. I'll be getting better pictures of them in a few weeks or so <br /><br /> __________ Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:39 pm __________ <br /><br /> I got to update a few things. My "In the nest" page now has a picture if my litter that was born today, and I've not picked at a few things

The banner looks very very very white x.x
Maybe move the logo to the side and put decorations next to it?
I know my site is very dark looking but maybe you can find inspiration from it..

Here's a bit:

first page, 'all of our' is mispelt 'all of or'
Rabbit's should be rabbits (the 's means rabbit is, no apostrophe means multiple)

This paragraph is bugging me:
We are set up in North Eastern Tennessee, near the University of Tenessee at Martin. We are set up with a small group of pedigreed English Spot rabbits. I got into breeding rabbits for the joy it brings me and others. All my rabbits are handled from birth and are well socialize with kids.

I'd put it as:
We are located in Northeastern Tennessee, near the University of Tennessee Martin. We are working with a small group of..

The 'about' page is reading kind of hard too, but is also just a repeat of the bottom paragraph above. I noticed a lot of the word 'we'. Talk about yourself, kids, family, etc. People seem to like that. Maybe detail a little about the rabbitry. IE: (The Lowstorm rabbitry is located on a half acre of land in the middle of bum---- Minnesota. 200 sq ft of shed space for a fully functioning colony...)

I only got that far, the fiancee is watching my show without me!

Thank you for telling me the misspelled things. I've been meaning to work on that paragraph, because honestly it bugs me too. I just haven't gotten the time between work, school, and building <br /><br /> __________ Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:28 pm __________ <br /><br /> Alright I managed to fix some things. I could not however find this error:
Lowstorm":gtwrtgbp said:
Rabbit's should be rabbits (the 's means rabbit is, no apostrophe means multiple)
The only thing I found close is when I used 'rabbit's' as a possessive term for individual personalities. Could you tell me exactly were it is? I'd like to fix any errors, but I'm not the best at noticing them in things I type/write

Latest posts

Back