My turkey just hatched 13 babies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberRae

Reaction score
I am so excited. One of my eastern heritage hens has been sitting on a nest for what seems like forever. When I went to check on her this morning she was off the nest and all but one of the eggs were open. At first I panicked and thought a predator had raided the nest because by my calculations I was not expecting babies until Monday. When I settled down a little bit I realized they must of hatched. With about 2 mins of hunting for them I found her in some tall grass with 13 babies under her. It is very enjoyable watching her walk around the yard with them right by her side. These are the moments that make me feel like I live on a farm :) I am not sure what I am going to do with 13 turkeys though. For now I will enjoy them, babies are the best!

Attachments

• mammaturkey.png
    mammaturkey.png
    527 KB · Views: 1,452
Very cool. Many years ago when i lived at home. I had geese, chickens and pea cocks. My pea hens would sit a nest. But many times i found their eggs all around the hen house. So i would gather them up and put them under a goose. worked real well. Enjoy the chicks.

Adorable now, delicious later? :mrgreen:

I love that photo. :in_love: Proud mama!

Latest posts

Back