My rabbits growth and progress

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hermiony

Reaction score
I have had my bunny for a month now. Thought I would post some pictures of her from when I got her and now. My 3 year old son has named her Mouse and she is a cutie. The people we got her from did not know what kind of rabbit she was except that she was a dwarf. We have been told by a number of people that she is a lion head and after looking at pics online I am pretty sure that they are right. <br /><br /> __________ Fri May 01, 2015 9:11 pm __________ <br /><br /> In just a month she has changed so much in both looks and personality. She seems to be more hyper now and doesn't like to be held for long periods anymore. If you hold her to long she starts digging and chewing on your shirt and tries to get away. She does this to tell you she wants you to put her down and likes to hop around the front room exploring and playing. She likes to play outside. I don't have a fenced yard so I use an animal exercise pen set up on the lawn for her to play in. I make sure she has a shady area so she doesn't overheat being black and all and I don't leave her out there unattended. She prefers being outside and I think I may get her an outdoor hutch to keep her in for the summer.

Attachments

• IMG_0648 resized.jpg
    IMG_0648 resized.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 1,640
  • IMG_0291.JPG
    IMG_0291.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,640
Wow, she's beautiful!

Some of my rabbits prefer to be outside too, where they can feel the wind, watch the world, and listen to all the outside sounds.

The house rabbits seem to get bored more easily and need extra attention...

I just wish my yard was fenced so I could let her play in the yard and not worry about her running away or getting hit by a car. The exercise pen isn't real big but she seems to enjoy it. I have some toys I bought for her and I put them in the pen and she tosses them around, eats grass, rests in the shade and runs and jumps and seems to be having a lot of fun when out there. Inside she plays with her toys and hops around the front room but because of my sons age and the fact that I don't want poop and urine all over my front room she doesn't get as much time to play in the house. I have been trying to make sure she gets a few hours outside every day to play.

She has grown up so pretty! I love that mane. :D

I know next to nothing about pet rabbits, but maybe you could try getting her a harness and taking her for walks around the yard? I got a giant lizard (Argentine tegu) to do it, so surely a rabbit can learn! :D

They do make harnesses for rabbits but she is still so young and I don't know how much more she is going to grow. I want to wait till she is done growing before buying one so that I don't end up needed to buy a larger one and having a small one sitting around I don't need. I am also not sure if I want to use one at all because I have had mixed reviews of them. Some people love them and other say they are no good for rabbits so I want to do a little more research on it.

hermiony":3pikvooj said:
They do make harnesses for rabbits but she is still so young and I don't know how much more she is going to grow. I want to wait till she is done growing before buying one so that I don't end up needed to buy a larger one and having a small one sitting around I don't need. I am also not sure if I want to use one at all because I have had mixed reviews of them. Some people love them and other say they are no good for rabbits so I want to do a little more research on it.

Rabbits can learn to do just fine with a harness, of course they CAN get hurt with them if they panic, or get loose or something. The best kind of harness for a rabbit is the 'H-style' harness.

The use of a harness is really a "depends on the rabbit and the location" type of thing.

The more laid back v-lops do well on a harness, but I still can't use them here, since loose dogs are common.

You also have to get them use to the harness and the pressure of the straps on their bodies and the pull of the leash over a week or two and not rush things but there are some rabbits that are just too flighty, high strung or dominant who will never accept a harness and freak out every time you put one on them :(

Back