My pupper saved a popple!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeaTimeBunnies

Reaction score
So I just had 2 litters born (they are 2 days old now), and my lop had a litter of 9, which is huge to me. Sadly one was pulled from the nest yesterday, and I found my doe sitting on it. It already had blood in the nails so it was too late to save. Went out this morning to count everyone after yesterday's loss, and instead of 8 I only found 7 in the nest. I started to look all over the hutch, because there couldn't have been any way for it to have gotten out of the hutch. Mind you this hutch has 1/2" wire everywhere accept the top of the 1ft tall hide box which I call the shelf. My 4-5 month old puppy went outside with me. He has been introduced to newborn kits, and at least seems to know what they are. Well when I started to kinda frantically look for the missing kit he seemed to notice something was up and came over. He found the missing kit on the ground in the mud, and knew that is NOT where it belongs. He got my attention with obsessively whining, and nuzzled the kit when I finally looked at him. It was still moving a little so it hadn't been out in the cold long. I still have no clue how it ended up outside the hutch or how it survived the fall (the hutch is about 3ft off the ground), but thanks to my pup it also survived from getting too cold, stepped on, or picked off by a feral cat or other critter.

Attachments

• IMG_20180228_161433.jpg
    IMG_20180228_161433.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 905
  • IMG_20180228_161332.jpg
    IMG_20180228_161332.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 905
I have an aussie (same exact colours as him - see sig!) that does the exact same for me. She's the best. Will even break up rooster squabbles without anyone getting hurt. Good luck with your new found partnership. You wont ever regret it. ;)

Latest posts

Back