My pretty doeling, color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think she is Opal (blue/dilute chestnut) but it is possible that she is just a very washed out one

It is possible that she is a lynx (lilac chestnut AKA chestnut that is chocolate AND dilute/blue) or even a cream, which is a blue/dilute fawn

She can't be a smoked pearl chin, she has a fawn undercolor
Either a lynx or a pale opal - if her eartips are lilac, which they look to be, she's a lynx, if they're blue she's an opal. Also lynxes sometimes have a ruby cast to their eyes

I also think she has too much tan/brown tones to be a black based sable chin. A picture in more natural light and one of her ring pattern might help

Ive never seen a chocolate sable chin and don't know how it would show up in the coat :hmm:

I got lots of pics, in the sun and shade. Funny thing is, in person she still looks a little different. Inside lighting she looks so different than outside. Just trying to figure out if its a color i want to keep for future breeding. What sucks is she isnt friendly. We have her inside to hold her a lot and hopefully make her a little friendlier. Shes been held a lot since day one but shes just so timid, so if its a color i can pass on. I will send her to freezer camp.

Trying hard to make my herd very friendly and calm. (Non kickers because of my diabetes) speaking of which, is there a breed that is known for kicking less and being VERY friendly? Id like to bring different lines into my gene pool, most are now related. so im open for ideas of what to mix into my meat herd. (I also rehome the very friendly ones)

And a pic just because its so cute.. a wavy haired rex furred broken

__________ Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:53 am __________

This is the doe in question as a widdle kit ♡♡♡

__________ Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:54 am __________

This broken chocolate is mom

__________ Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:58 am __________

This handsome big boy Chubby is the dad.

<br /><br /> __________ Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:59 am __________ <br /><br /> Can post grandparents if need be.

She does look more chinchilla-ish in this picture, but I'm still leaning towards lynx, especially if she looked opal as a kit and has chocolate in her lines

Of the meat-typed breeds, if you are looking for a small tame one, dutch are very calm (they have a good meat-bone ratio to make up for their size), if you are looking for a larger one, Flemish giants are tame. If you want a larger one with commercial type, there is a bit more controversy there - personally, I'd recommend harlequins, and avoid new zealands and satins.

The ring colour rules out Lynx but not blue fawn or chocolate fawn or lilac fawn, however, I think she is shaded and a chocolate sable chin = Aa bb cchl_ D_ E_ :)

she looks like the chocolate chins I"ve had...

as for what to mix into your herd...

I LOVED my harlequins when I had them. Calm easy-going rabbits. Best thing to do though as ask lots of questions from potential breeders... do they handle them, what do they like in a rabbit etc.

Ty sable, dood and lady..

I will definitely look into the harlie breed. Awesome to know they are very sweet because i think they are gorgeous! Now to find a breeder in ct...

So the concensus is shes a chocolate chin possibly shaded & sable?

Latest posts

Back