My colony

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerbunny

Reaction score
I thought I would post some pictures of my set up

027_zpse941dd37.jpg

My does live in a colony, I currently have three Silver Fox and three Holland Lop, they get along fine despite the size difference.
024_zps5ca8a3e7.jpg

^ Very pregnant SF doe :)

The building used to be a pigeon coop, the floors are cement. I use wood chips as bedding, I recently started using Sweet PDZ to minimize the pee smell and it helps a lot. Clean up is very quick and easy, just scoop dirty areas, spread a little sweet pdz and some fresh wood chips.

020_zpsfeebc62a.jpg

^spot the bunny!

022_zps71bfedc0.jpg

^ SF doe and her daughter

029_zpse9bd541d.jpg

^ Little Bluebell having some noms.

I have my bucks in cages because I like to control the breedings, but my does are very happy together.

Looks very lovely. :) Hope to get a colony setup eventually. -crosses fingers- Probably not until I save up enough to get some land, though. :/

XxbrexX":2k2ju0pu said:
i have a question, has anyone ever tried to mix a rex and a lion head?

mommasheepdog! :) "Leonis Rex" LionHead maned Rex project at Generation II" its in her signature.

Great set-up, dangerbunny! Your does look very happy and healthy. You are right about keeping the buck out making it easier to control breeding, but I have found that the does control the breeding in my colony... and since my buck is very laid back, I can keep him in there all the time. Our previous buck was another story altogether. :roll:

Its good to see that you can group does of different sizes and they get along- I think I'm going to try putting my does in groups in colonies too. Except my American Tan who is kind of vicious.

Back