"Murphy's law?" [Update: KITS!]

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyctra

Reaction score
Is that what you'd call this?
'Cause this ain't exactly what I wanted. D:

Because there's a chainsaw running less than 6 feet from their cages, I brought in a handfull of of the nearest rabbits ASAP. One went in a house cage but the other two were tossed on my bed for the time being.

The mini rex is a dud...has never figured out how to breed a doe in the 2 years I've been trying. And the angora was assumed bred last week (to my only FA buck, who's become increasingly harder to breed...), been grumpy, and kept her butt planted for several supervised minutes.

So I figured it safe enough to leave them unsupervised for FIVE WHOLE SECONDS while I hollered out the door real quick.

So of course I come back and catch Zuko falling off and fickle Stev's tail up.

Lil turd's just so pleased with himself. :angry:

Attachments

• IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 3,362
  • IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 3,362
On one hand, CONGRATS, ZUKO! About darn time.
On the other, I really wanted that angora litter... :slap:
I at least better get some pretty babies out of this. :?

LOL :lol: :lol:

Ah, the way of bunnies....
I have been thinking ... as soon as I get the rest of the cages set-up I am going to create a big running cage to use for breeding... sometimes, The stretch and run gets them in the mood....lol....

I think they know when we are in a hurry or really need the breeding this couple of days to coordinate with something we have planned.... and deliberately screw it up :pinkbunny:

Update: ...it took. She palpated positive. Better get some really darn cute babies out of this. :?
She looks like she has regrets. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0947.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 3,278
Hahaha, she certainly doesn't look jazzed about the situation! "I ate too much catnip and had a one night stand with a ruffian while intoxicated..."

... they should be stinking cute though! I'm looking forward to seeing the litter. :love:

Here we go...looks like I got false charlies, and some shade of fox! :p

Attachments

• IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 3,238
Looking like I have 4 broken torts, a broken chocolate otter, and the golden one I'm still undecided on, either choc tort or choc fox. I want to lean toward tort now. :popcorn:
IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2497-2.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg
I predict these are going to be some chubby babies... :lol:

Sooo.... not being up on the whole genetics thing - what are the options for fur length/texture? Is one more dominant than the other? Will it do something in between??

FourRingCircus":3lcg6yhe said:
Sooo.... not being up on the whole genetics thing - what are the options for fur length/texture? Is one more dominant than the other? Will it do something in between??
Angora and rex are recessives on different loci.
So these babies will be just plain shorthair, but if I bred back to a rex, I could get normal and rex. Bred back to an angora, I could get normal and angora. Bred together, I could get normal, rex, angora, and angora AND rex on the same rabbit...which sounds as wrong as it looks, from what I've seen. :lol:

Latest posts

Back