moving

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasharia

Reaction score
Ok so now I am moving to a house and it wont be till feb that I get the shed made. How do I make the switch from inside in the AC to outside. I know it is getting cooler but it is still in the mid 80's. At night it get nice and cool about 70 with a cool breeze. Our rainy seasone is comming to an end also. I just want the bunnies to take the outside ok what can I do to make it better on them. Mr. Freem will stay in the house he is the Angora it is still too hot for him and I want him to keep his coat. Will the woolies be ok? I know I am being worried but I want to do this right from them. Thank you

When do you move? What temperature do you keep them at now?

Can you moderate the air conditioning in the time remaining so that it is a gradual transition to warmer temperatures? Rabbits should be able to handle mid-80's but I agree it is best not to plunge them into it. You may have to provide frozen 2 litre bottles at first to give them some relief, if they appear to be stressed. Good air circulation and shade will be important.

The odd thing about the angora fur is that it seems to help keep them cool, too. you do NOT want it to get wet. if you provide frozen anything for them to lay on, wrap it in a towel so there is no condensation. (I use bags of frozen peas or carrots). cold water will help a lot.

And if you can start reducing the AC now for a few days..get them used to the warmer air. shut of the AC to the room they're in, for instance.

MaggieJ":34jvfbdn said:
Oh, gee... Ann is definitely right about not letting them get their wool wet. :doh: Where was my brain when I needed it?
heh. I missed the "angora" part the first time through. It's easy not to think about it when you don't HAVe the little wooly buggers in your rabbitry.

If you had DRY DRY heat, it would probably be okay to let them get wet. The evaporation would help enormously. but the last time I checked Florida was humid 365 days a year and 2x in the summer :)

Moving where and what winter temps? If your staying in florida it shouldn't be an issue. Anything above 40-50F I probably would not worry about except for maybe kits. Our Feb is often -10 to -20F with Jan sometimes at -30 for awhile so I'm hoping I can get everyone where I want them before the snow starts coming down next month. After that it's unlikely I'll be able to move them without running a space heater on the enclosed porch or garage to adjust them down slowly to outdoor temps.

Latest posts

Back