Register

Mothballs for rats

Alternative housing for rabbits in groups.
Site Supporter
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada
BunnyBucks: 2,765.00

Re: Mothballs for rats

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Truckinguy » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:36 pm

This is the varmint from last night. It's a good indication that any that are left are still sampling the buffet. The time and date on the picture are wrong, still have to figure out how to program the camera...lol
Attachments
STC_00011.jpg
STC_00011.jpg (466.35 KiB) Viewed 35 times

Site Admin
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 59,448.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby MaggieJ » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:58 am

Nice plump furry rat, Truckinguy. :lol: Let's hope it soon goes the way of its little friends.

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 12,060.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby GBov » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:58 pm

I hadn't seen hide nor hair of a rat until I moved the empty rabbit cages around into a more workingly position. Then I found a nest of gangly youngsters with their mum. Between them, the dogs got them all - I think - but the really interesting thing was that the runs I found had fresh bones in them, bird bones I think they were, well cleaned.

We feed only what the animals will clean up in a few minutes, the feed is fermented in buckets and teh dry is stored in bins so the rats have had no access to any feed so are totally wild fed but its still a worry, rats is not good!

But if their numbers are echoed by squirrel numbers, their numbers are very high this year indeed! I live trap squirrels and so far have caught dozens and the neighborhood is heaving with them, everywhere I look, fine fat squirrels. Mmmmmmm yummy!

Previous