More mystery kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Buns

Reaction score
Same friend has another litter of mysterious hollands....

Dam is blue tort, sire is blue.

And we have some light cocoa kits that make me want to say chocolate but they are so light....but not grey enough for lilac.

:/?

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 1,868
  • 44 (2).jpg
    44 (2).jpg
    463.9 KB · Views: 1,868
There was a tort, the tiniest one but that one died....

As for the others, they are solid color, no white tummies and no "racing stripes" aka shaded skirts.

The solids look like blues and lilacs
There aren't too many possibilities out of pairing. Chocolate isn't possible. Lilac (which is just dilute chocolate) is though

Well shaded has to be possible because there was a very clear tort....

tort is a seperate gene than sable
sable is not possible, but smoke pearl and lilac smoke pearl are possible. They look more silver when they're young though. In the 1st picture those ones look a bit more like smoke pearls

SableSteel":31x5etoa said:
tort is a seperate gene than sable
sable is not possible, but smoke pearl and lilac smoke pearl are possible. They look more silver when they're young though. In the 1st picture those ones look a bit more like smoke pearls
So the cocoa coloured pair can't be sable or chocolate but they seem too brown for lilac? :shock:

SableSteel":2edovb3f said:
lilac is a brown based color. it's just a diluted chocolate

I realize that. My lilac doe is much more purple grey than light cocoa.

What SableSteel is saying is that they actually cannot be sable or chocolate. Since both parents are dilute(blue), which is recessive, it is genetically impossible for the kits to be a black or brown based color like sable or chocolate.
The only possibilities are blue, lilac, smoke pearl(blue sable) or lilac sable.

LittleFluffyBunnies":1taol91q said:
What SableSteel is saying is that they actually cannot be sable or chocolate. Since both parents are dilute(blue), which is recessive, it is genetically impossible for the kits to be a black or brown based color like sable or chocolate.
The only possibilities are blue, lilac, smoke pearl(blue sable) or lilac sable.

Yep, I got that.

What I'm saying is that based on what I've seen come out of mt rabbitry over the years, lilac has never been cocoa hence my continued questions.

ok. I wonder if a lilac sable would be more cocoa colored? I am not experienced in chocolate based colors so I can't help much with identifying visually.

Latest posts

Back