Moody doe due 5 days....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintrider89

Reaction score
The past week during feeding Freckles (now miss freak) is a nut. She sticks her nose in the bowl before it's put down ect. My concern is how she is acting. This doe once out nudge your hand like a dog to be pet, now sits in a corner and grunts and flinched when touched. She is due to kindle in 5 days, would that be causing this? My last two does were more stand off from us than normal during their last week's, but nothing like this loon. Have to corner her to pet her.
I am trying to just leave her be, but I check all the rabbits over every day...<br /><br />__________ Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:24 am __________<br /><br />Well she is making quite the nice little nest. So I'll takethat as a good sign

Yep, I'd say that was a good sign! She was probably just starting to feel motherly in regards to the mood change. I've several like that. Nice up until close to kindle and then BAM they turn into witches. Once kits are weaned they're back to their former nice selves.

Well I am glad I am bot the only one with hormonal phyco bun. I didn't even know for sure if the buck got her. As it was quite hot the week I bred her. Now it's a waiting game

I put in a nest box for my possessed doe tonight before coming to bed. She actually seems a little calmer now that she is real close. A week ago she would have attacked me if I put my hand in her cage. Tonight she was more than a little inquisitive but didn't attack me.

Her nest looks wonderful. She is still miss piggy during feeds. I am not messing with her much. She doesnt attack, she grunts and grumbles. Her belly is big. I can't wait to see how many she has. Hope she pulls fur and continues this urge to be a good momma.

Back