misscarrage______Stress______HELP!!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueeyedrex

Reaction score
im new to kindleing but i just read that stress can cause does to miscary. But when i got her she didnt even hide or anything,,but all she does is sit in her nestbox??? I would really hate to lose her litter she may have some BEW...
i got her 29 days into her pregnancy, from really nice rabbitry owners selling all their rabbits... she i sdue tomarrow or wensday/ :?: :cry: :cry: :?

Just keep an eye on her. If she doesn't make a nest and have the babies in it then make her one and put her babies in there. The first 24 hours the biggest thing is to just keep them warm. Is this your first litter?

Congratulations and I know the how the anticipation feels. It gets a little better after you have had a few litters but it's always there. Let us know once she has them.

If she is sitting in and soiling her nest box, you might want to consider moving it to keep her from urinating on her kits when they come. Also, check the hay in the box to make sure it is still clean before she kindles.

Good luck!

I had a first time mom that loved to sit in her nest box....
Like Marinea said, check and make sure she isn't using it as a litter box .... but other than that, not a problem....

By the way, my nurvious doe had a litter of 8 and is doing great, but she still likes to hang out in the nest box... babies are all fat and healthy and at 2 weeks are exploring outside the box while mom hangs out there to get away from them sometimes....lol :lol:

Marinea":2pi6scyu said:
If she is sitting in and soiling her nest box, you might want to consider moving it to keep her from urinating on her kits when they come. Also, check the hay in the box to make sure it is still clean before she kindles.

Good luck!
hi, and thanks,but do you have a rabbitry. I live in Va also :bunnyhop: <br /><br /> -- Wed May 31, 2017 11:11 am -- <br /><br />
AmberRae":2pi6scyu said:
Congratulations and I know the how the anticipation feels. It gets a little better after you have had a few litters but it's always there. Let us know once she has them.
Absolutly

I live in very Southwest Virginia, Lee County.

And yes, I have a small rabbitry of New Zealand buns.

Marinea":3s4hqbez said:
I live in very Southwest Virginia, Lee County.

And yes, I have a small rabbitry of New Zealand buns.
oh awesome :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D <br /><br /> -- Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:01 am -- <br /><br />
Blueeyedrex":3s4hqbez said:
Marinea":3s4hqbez said:

Good luck!
hi, and thanks,but do you have a rabbitry. I live in Va also :bunnyhop:

-- Wed May 31, 2017 11:11 am --

AmberRae":3s4hqbez said:
Absolutly

Hey she has had 3 so far it is 2:00 exactly but no placenta yet so mabe some more, she did pluck fur but at the very very last minute.
thank you so much for your help

Congrats.

Rabbits have a placenta for each baby, and then they usually eat them (the placentas) immediately after birth, so in an ideal kindling, you don't even see any placentas. 3 is a pretty normal size for a dwarf breed litter (and mini rexes are a dwarf breed)

SableSteel":3sjvh3i8 said:
Congrats.

Rabbits have a placenta for each baby, and then they usually eat them (the placentas) immediately after birth, so in an ideal kindling, you don't even see any placentas. 3 is a pretty normal size for a dwarf breed litter (and mini rexes are a dwarf breed)
ya thanks I just hope she has no peanuts <br /><br /> -- Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:04 am -- <br /><br />
Blueeyedrex":3sjvh3i8 said:
SableSteel":3sjvh3i8 said:
Congrats.

ya thanks I just hope she has no peanuts

I honestly now dont think it is her 1st litter and what day is it ok for me to pick up the babies honstly they freak me out.
and how big should mini rex babies be newborn.

I'm not exactly sure the size in measurement, but my small breed kits are around finger length when born. A peanut you can tell the difference as they are usually half the size of the others, with super tiny ears, bulging eyes, and sometimes funny shaped bodies.

You can touch them now, it's important to make sure they look healthy. Just wash your hands well and dry completely beforehand. I think I read you recently bought this doe, so for an extra safety measure rub your hands over her first so your hands get her scent. The doe won't mind you handling them, especially if she gets her favorite food or treat while you do it.

LittleFluffyBunnies":fjw3tf5v said:
I'm not exactly sure the size in measurement, but my small breed kits are around finger length when born. A peanut you can tell the difference as they are usually half the size of the others, with super tiny ears, bulging eyes, and sometimes funny shaped bodies.

You can touch them now, it's important to make sure they look healthy. Just wash your hands well and dry completely beforehand. I think I read you recently bought this doe, so for an extra safety measure rub your hands over her first so your hands get her scent. The doe won't mind you handling them, especially if she gets her favorite food or treat while you do it.

thank you, it was so awesome to watch her pull fur at the very last second, she gave birth at about 2:00 i dont think there are any peanuts. i think i alredy see 2 BEW mini rexs so exciting, and one with the exact same markings as her, at what age should i seperate her from the kits.

Blueeyedrex":34si4azn said:
im new to kindleing but i just read that stress can cause does to miscary. But when i got her she didnt even hide or anything,,but all she does is sit in her nestbox??? I would really hate to lose her litter she may have some BEW...
i got her 29 days into her pregnancy, from really nice rabbitry owners selling all their rabbits... she i sdue tomarrow or wensday/ :?: :cry: :cry: :?

Hi so she had three pretty babies at 2:00am :shock: it is now 12:00am and she looks still fat and she is hiding in another box i gave her, I checked on the babys all good. She did manage to pull fur litterly 4 mins before she had them. :bunnyhop:

IMG_8488.JPG
babys

-- Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:11 pm --

FullSizeRender.jpg
new mama (iris)

-- Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:46 pm --

hi um it is 7:45 and she hasnt fed them yet. :oops: :oops: :oops: <br /><br /> -- Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:48 pm -- <br /><br /> 3 or 4 hours ago i checked and they where fine but idk

Back