Mink perhaps? Son's mice destroyed. GRAPHIC

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Pics are horrid I know (cell phone taken in a hurry before lad came out to see devastation)

UNFORTUNATELY it was the tank with our satin blue mouse... lid ripped off, adults killed with a nip to the neck. NOTHING eaten unless it ate the one fully pregnant female we have that i couldn't find and we were really really looking forward to the litter.

It tore apart the nest.

Hubby says mink or weasel.

What I want to know is how to catch and kill the dastardly beastie.

I don't need to have this happen again. We can reinforce the cages with bricks on the lids and stuff, but that's just a temporary fix.. I need a more permanent one. I need this critter gone.

So sorry for the losses, Ladysown. :cry: Especially since the mice were your lad's pets.

You want a live trap with fairly small wire - about 1" square. For mink, bait with sardines. Not sure of the best bait for a weasel, but it might work for them too. We have found mink very easy to trap.

ACK!! What about my rabbits.. what if it goes after them next? Would a small live trap catch the dastardly beast??? if so I'll go and get one at the local feed supply.

Oh no! It's one thing to kill our animals, totally different when it's the kiddos' - that makes it that much harder and more infuriating! I hope you are able to get whatever it is ASAP!

still haven't caught the wee beastie.. wondering if or when he'll come back....

I caught a large rat this afternoon!
It discovered it couldn't swim....

(I had no other way of dispatching a large rat and the pond was handy). Felt mean but I didn't know what else to do.....

Latest posts

Back