Mini Rex, odd color?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lex'sRex's

Reaction score
I have a litter of 3 mini rex.
The mother is a chocolate broken and the father is a blue self.
I have one doe, who is a gorgeous blue broken, a buck that is a (very) booted blue, but our last one I can't figure out.
By looking at him, you'd think he was a chocolate broken. But when you get closer, you'll see that he's a very light brown. Pulling his fur apart you'll see that his undercoat is actually blue! So his fur is blue but the tips are chocolate and he even looks like a chocolate! Opal, lilac...???? What would you call him?

Here are some pictures
minrex.png

minirex.png
<br /><br />__________ Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:40 pm __________<br /><br />***************

I also just read something about a blue undercolor on chocolates.

So is this just a normal chocolate broken?

will probably moult out to a nice chocolate, though I'm not an expert. I've had them look like that before, though once it turned into something else but I can't right now recall what.

I am wondering more whether the other two are actually lilac instead of blue... but then again I have been told my monitor may be off in its colour balance lol. The other does look chocolate to me though :)

thats kinda cool lookin my first thoughts was wouldnt it be cool if its a choc/blue tri color...it wil proly molt out and be choc but yeah<br /><br />__________ Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:01 am __________<br /><br />thats kinda cool lookin my first thoughts was wouldnt it be cool if its a choc/blue tri color...it wil proly molt out and be choc but yeah

Back