• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Mini lops

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We keep each of our Mini Lops in a 30" x 30", and does that raise litters in 30" x 36". I would not do less than that. I actually wish I'd got all 30" x 36".

The ones I use and like for my Mini Lops are around 12" x 16"
I use simple plastic litter pans from Walmart that are right around that size and cost around $4.00.
Green cat litter pan.jpg

I've also have sometimes used a sterilite storage bin similar to this photo.
The length and width are close to the same as the above but the sides are higher. With my bigger does I prefer the cat litter pan with the sides not as high as it's easier for them jumping in and out.
This one I often use a small piece of wire looped through some holes on the side of the storage bin to affix the basket to the side of the wires of the cage. This keeps the nest box in its place for the does that keep trying to move it around/or are prone to dumping it. It's worked very well and they are easy to clean out.
sterilite storage bin.jpg

I think that the rabbits that I have had in the past would chew on the plastic and t hey also chew on their water bowls. I am leaning twards wood but could also get some easy plastic ones, I have seen on YouTube that some people use the long plastic plant pots, and I could also get some five gallon buckets and cut a hole in the lid or cut it in half and use that.

__________ Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:35 pm __________

I think that the rabbits that I have had in the past would chew on the plastic and t hey also chew on their water bowls. I am leaning twards wood but could also get some easy plastic ones, I have seen on YouTube that some people use the long plastic plant pots, and I could also get some five gallon buckets and cut a hole in the lid or cut it in half and use that. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:35 pm __________ <br /><br /> I think that the rabbits that I have had in the past would chew on the plastic and t hey also chew on their water bowls. I am leaning twards wood but could also get some easy plastic ones, I have seen on YouTube that some people use the long plastic plant pots, and I could also get some five gallon buckets and cut a hole in the lid or cut it in half and use that.

Some of them chew on them a bit but mine have not done enough damage to really make it be an issue. I found them much easier to keep clean than ones made from wood.

Probably easier to clean and sanitize too. I have some small storage bins that I could use (if possible) that are plastic but some have holes in the sides. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:42 pm __________ <br /><br /> Probably easier to clean and sanitize too. I have some small storage bins that I could use (if possible) that are plastic but some have holes in the sides.

Oscar":1x8yt12r said:
(just a guess I'm in school)

OK, I will play, "I guess you are in school"

Did I win?? :roll:

an FYI, my nest boxes are 9 inch by 9 inch by 18 inches. they get used by mini lops and Californians, though not usually at the same time

I hope not at the same time. And I was actually in school, we have school iPads that we get to use and take home for an amount of time,
DBA":2l8c7i8h said:
Oscar":2l8c7i8h said:
(just a guess I'm in school)

OK, I will play, "I guess you are in school"

Did I win?? :roll:

what ever floats your boat! :coffeebath: :judges: :sharkisland: <br /><br /> __________ Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:04 am __________ <br /><br /> So I was just on Craig's list, and tell me this wouldn't be a pretty pair with nice babies!
image.jpegimage.png

The first rabbit looks like it may be a self black but it has a weird shadowing on the rump, the second one looks like it has slightly better conformation but I don't see ANY indication of the blue/dilute gene

Both those rabbits look like broken steel to me :shrug: and will only produce more of the same, unless they both carry secret recessive genes

The first one is my broken buck Oscar, and the second one I don't know how they got Blue but what ever, I also found these
image.png
And also these two
image.png

I wish you lived closer to me. I am downsizing (dramatically) our mini lop herd. I have a couple REWs, a broken doe, and a couple solids I am keeping, everything else is going to new homes. One Buck we have has two GC legs already, but he isn't staying.
we are moving back to the original focus of our rabbits, which is meat production.

CHICKS ARE HERE AT MURDOCHS WHICH MEANS THAT THE RABBITS ARE COMING TOO! I also go birthday shopping with my grams tomorrow! I will probably go to Murdochs and check it out. So if the staff allows me to sex them my self (I don't really trust them) I think I know what to look for, if it is a tube with a doughnut looking thing on top, male, triangle thingy with a slit female, that's right, right? So say there are lops, what do I want to look for in a rabbit when I get it. What age is too late for the sex change fairy to strike?

Latest posts

Back