Milo LIKES bunnies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Milo is my son's cat. He's about 9-10 months old. One thing you need to understand... Milo LIKES bunnies, especially if they are little, he'll try to sneak off with them. These are his first "big" bunnies (8 week old potential keepers).

mypicsnewcamera028.jpg

what's in here?

mypicsnewcamera029.jpg

what? I'm not doing anything?!?!?!

mypicsnewcamera031.jpg

what if I go this way

mypicsnewcamera032.jpg

Oh fun! BUNNIES...hold on..they are big...

mypicsnewcamera035.jpg

Distance is good

mypicsnewcamera036.jpg

okay...I can't resist...

Cute!

Does he like bunnies for dinner, or just to play with? :lol:

Many years ago, I had an Angora cross buck (got him from our club president, as a matter of fact). When I let him out, one of our cats would try desperately to get him to play - tapping him on the head, bouncing away.

I'm' not sure if he wants to eat them...but tiny ones, he tried hard to sneak away on me. I constantly have to watch him. As I'd really not rather learn how much of a hunter he might be.

These bigger ones...one he kept trying to bite though the holes in the box but the hair was an issue. That was funny to watch...he'd get some hair and then do this tongue thing to get it off himself. Very silly boy.

He eats anything that flies about the house that he manages to catch so I don't trust him with fast moving bunnies.

Milo's a very handsome boy!

What's even funnier is when the rabbit LIKES cats. Several years ago I had a white NZ buck that ran loose in the rabbitry (Not loose anymore due to getting filthy under the cages). One day my little 6 pound long haired cat was in there poking around and Bill decided she must be a girl bunny who needed breeding. :mrgreen: He chased her around and around, mounting her every time she stopped. :eek: Poor Zoe was absolutely traumatized until she finally got up on the window ledge and out.

Milo is gorgeous! But I wouldn't trust him an inch with even half-grown bunnies. Marilla once grabbed a young cottontail outside and snapped its back with one bite. :( (She was on a leash, for heaven's sakes, but young bunnies are so clueless.)

moonkitten":3jfoi2gy said:
Milo's a very handsome boy!

What's even funnier is when the rabbit LIKES cats. Several years ago I had a white NZ buck that ran loose in the rabbitry (Not loose anymore due to getting filthy under the cages). One day my little 6 pound long haired cat was in there poking around and Bill decided she must be a girl bunny who needed breeding. :mrgreen: He chased her around and around, mounting her every time she stopped. :eek: Poor Zoe was absolutely traumatized until she finally got up on the window ledge and out.

I had a BIG girl bunny named Duchess when I was a teen. We also had a BIG boy cat named Mac. If he happened to be out on the porch when Duchess was out of her cage, she would chase Mac around mercilessly, and would mount him at every opportunity! We finally put a ladder out on the porch. Mac could climb it; Duchess could not. Of course, by that time, he was completely traumatized! LOL

MaggieJ":1kp2pqpb said:
Milo is gorgeous! But I wouldn't trust him an inch with even half-grown bunnies. Marilla once grabbed a young cottontail outside and snapped its back with one bite. :( (She was on a leash, for heaven's sakes, but young bunnies are so clueless.)

ON A LEASH? holey smackeral

cats claws and teeth carry an awful lot of bacteria - they could kill a rabbit inadvertantly simply by breaking skin when playing - the pictures are adorable but I'd be sure to supervise closely

I have a multispecies home too - and some cats and dogs and rabbits do really seem to enjoy each other - others are very aware of their place in the food chain

cheers

andrea

Well, it was a long leash... but she is an efficient little predator. Once or twice she has even made a vertical pounce and snagged a low-flying bird. I hate it when she does that!

Attachments

• DSCF0113a.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 2,154
1. won't let milo actually bite a bunny, we keep a very close eye on him when we've bunnies in the house

2. he's declawed as he's my son's cat and sometimes cats are a bit TOO rambunctious for their own good

3. pretty cat Maggie! :)

Thanks, Ladysown! We think she's pretty... but then just about all cats are beautiful, aren't they?

Sounds to me like you have the situation well under control with Milo and the bunnies. He certainly enjoys the game, doesn't he?

Latest posts

Back