milk house heater in rabbit barn?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randtrabbitry

Reaction score
so im looking in the local Atwoods store add they have a small Heater fan in there for 14.88 do you think it would be a safe idea to put it at the end of one of my doe lines and let the heat blow over them maybe there water bottles will stay thawed its a 1300/1500 watt. i just want to warm up mama and babys a bit maybe they would not need the heat lights this away. So what do you think is this a bad idea or maybe a good idea?

If you're still getting sub-zero temperatures, I doubt that a little fan like that will keep your bottles thawed. I'd stick with the heat lamps - they don't cause a draft.

I've currently got an oil heater out in my rabbitry, it's surprisingly efficient, I haven't had to worry about frozen bottles or frozen babies.

MaggieJ":1e544wdy said:
Devon, do you mean an oil-filled electric heater or an oil-fueled heater?

Oil filled electric heater. I like it more then the fan-type electric heaters because it doesn't cause a draft.

ok i was thinking about the draft effect but ive never used any little heaters for anything. I grew up with a fear of them as my mom was always scared of them starting a fire so they were not alowed in or around the house. So it passed on to me

I've used one before (little, fan forced air ceramic heater) I usually try to set it up on a metal bucket or something so there is no chance of hay or something getting droppped on it. I whish I could use one now, but I have 6 individual nestboxes that need to be kept somewhat warm and it wouln't work well enough for that... It will raise my rabbitry about 10 or 15 degrees, but I have a lot of ventilation built in. The largest problem with here, is that it pulls maximum wattage on a standard circuit, and I only have one 15 amp circuit running to the rabbit house. I can't use the lights or anything else if I use it.

Back