Midwest Rabbit Cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HendricksHearth

Reaction score
I don't know if this is part of the holiday sale, but someone sent me a link and PetSmart has 37" Midwest rabbit cages on sale for $15.99 each if anyone needs a few extra holes in their barn:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... 38.2769317

They are long, but narrow at only 19", so I think they would be best suited for small-medium breeds only. They have pretty good reviews overall- some folks have said the trays are too short to be useful and they might be impractical for breeders, but for $16/hole it might be worth a few modifications. They fold up for storage, come with a 1 year warranty, and have double-doors. They also have a long estimated ship time so they won't work if someone needs them fast. I also have no idea how they stack, but I ordered a few to try and the website says if I don't like them then I can just return them to the local store.

Best of luck!

Lauren

Thank you SOOOOO much for posting this! These cages are actually what I use in my rabbitry! I LOVE them!

The ONLY thing I would change is the pan, but I can't because of the bars in the way. I breed Netherland Dwarfs, so I put a divider in the middle and get 2 holes out of one of these bad boys! Not bad for $7.50 a hole!

I ordered like 5 extras of these, and figured I could get more and sold them to my friends that liked them. I went to try to reorder them, and they were GONE!!! I was SOOOO upset! So when I saw your post, I did the happy dance! LOL

Like I said, the trays aren't very deep at all, but I don't mind for the amount of money I saved! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I was SO close to spending $65 dollars each on 3 hole units! SUCH A LIFE SAVER!!!!

I'm glad it was helpful for ya! :)

Also, I just saw that KWCages is having a holiday sale, too. Here is the link:

http://clover.forest.net/kwcages/index.html

I love KW's cages and they last forever (a few of mine are at least 4-5 years old and look pretty much new), but they are very pricey to have shipped to this part of the country and I couldn't afford to do KW cages only. My last one was $100+ for one hole, but I needed it to complete a 36" KW stacker and they can only fit KW or custom parts. Good product, though.

I am looking forward to trying out the Midwest cages. I was thinking of modifying them by sitting the whole cage in a tray made from Coroplast/plastic sign board and just not using the shallow pans altogether. The "homemade" trays would be lightweight and as long as substrate is used like wood pellets in the corners they shouldn't leak. I have seen the boards used successfully for cavy cages, so it might be worth looking into.

Best of luck!

Lauren

I use midwest cages for cats and parrots when I'm travelling or have a couple of extras ... I really like them - so hope the rabbit cages are great too :)

Back