Meet Star

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randtrabbitry

Reaction score
She is going to be part of my new breeding program for lionheads she is 4 weeks old and out of my tri mini rex buck and my lionhead doe. Im hoping to find a harliqine, tri color or broken black buck this spring. No face shots she would always turn at the right time. Hoping she will have a mane on her.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 2,855
  • 003.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2,855
  • 004.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,855
can I ask a question?

why wouldn't you find a full breed whatever you wanted to breed/
surely starting with a half breed will take a long time to get the rex out of the line enough to have lionhead babies consistently?

I love mixrd breed anythings- and think they serve valuable roles but if you are planning to brred for a breed why wouldn't you start there?

I have been told, by another Lionhead breeder, that you occasionally need to outcross to a non-LH breed (Netherland Dwarf, fr'instance) or you get terminally fuzzy bunnies, especially on the ears. I don't know how correct that is - Lionheads being such a new breed, and not recognized as yet.

I do know that I've had some lines with fuzzy ears, which I have weeded out.

Ohhhhhh

I see - I think ... ;) maybe

now don't get me wring -I'm not hung up on papers - at all- just figure if you want to breed a breed maybe it's a bit easier if you work with that breed ;)

Back